Gavin and Stacy

I’ve been watching season one on BBC America on Demand. I’ve really been enjoying how quickly the storyline has been moving along. So, anyone else watching?

Yes indeedy, just finished watching it on DVD. I was initially dubious of a show that aired on BBC3 (where all the profoundly unfunny comedies go to die) but this show was really REALLY good. I also think it gives a fairly accurate picture of what life is like in the UK, the characters are scarily true to life (although I’ve never met someone like Nessa, which is a bit of a shame as she’d probably be my best friend).

Love it, but then again they could broadcast train announcements with a welsh accent and I would be watching that as well!

Watched the first episode and disliked it intensely. Alcoholics are never the least bit amusing. So I was stunned when I later learned that it was “award winning”.

I’m still waiting for BBCAmerica to air a new comedy series that approaches “Coupling”.

Who is the alcoholic? The drinking that went on in the first episode is extremely typical of a night out in the UK.

[quote=“ftg, post:4, topic:468333”]

Watched the first episode and disliked it intensely. Alcoholics are never the least bit amusing. So I was stunned when I later learned that it was “award winning”./QUOTE]

Suggest you don’t ever visit the UK then. We don’t regard heavy drinking as alcoholism, that would brand the entire nation as alcoholics.

I was thinking that a lot of British comedies feature characters that Americans would consider alcoholics. Black Books, Father Ted and Absolutely Fabulous are the first ones I can think of and all are hilarious.