An Ode to Napping

There once was a girl from South Georgia
Who had a lot of troubles before her
She ignored what everyone said
And climbed into a comfy bed
Soon all was euphoria.

Slant rhyming is the best rhyming!
But seriously folks, I love napping. Much more than sleeping. When you nap, you wake up with the fun part of the day left rather than the tedious part, which is what you wake up to after sleep.

I think it’s the best stress relief I have out there (when I can actually fall asleep).

I love a good afternoon nap on the weekend, but I have to time it just right. Nap time for me seems to coincide with leaf blower time at my neighbor’s house.

I’m half Spanish, half Italian, so needless to say I endorse the OP. :slight_smile:
Luckily in my current job the environment is relaxed enough that, if the work load allows, I can slumber into the desk for a 15 or 20 minute nap. Not ideal but it helps to reboot the brain and get more productive afterwards.

I’m guessing you’re either:

a) A pre-schooler
b) Retired
c) Not married
d) Don’t live in an English-speaking country.

Or perhaps a combination of the above.

A nappy makes me happy! As in nap, not as in British diapers. I wonder where that use of nappy comes from, anyway…

I don’t take them during the week, though. I tend to feel disoriented for about 45 minutes after a nap, and I don’t like wasting my awake time disoriented unless it’s the weekend. And I don’t count a 20 minute snooze as a nap. More of a catnap. It takes me at least 15 minutes to fall asleep no matter what, and I regard any nap of less than 2 hours as time wasted.

If OP is a pre-schooler than their typing skills are fucking remarkable.

Oh man, I love a good nap!

Get home early, tear off shoes, pants and shirt and jump into my bed and feel my cool pillow against my face. Then fall into a dream smothered in a warm blanket and comforting smells.

Wake after 40 minutes or so feeling rested and alive.

I’d seriously like to add an amendment to the Constitution stating that a nap is a natural right.

I killed another thread? Oh well, time for a nap. Yeah!

A and B!

I am glad to find someone who feels the same way I do about naps. Most people are some combo of “OMG, are you three?” and “I only nap for 6.5 minutes or else I feel groggy.”

My perfect nap includes cold day, warm covers, sunshine, and purring cat.

Four days a week I have to wake up at 7am for classes. Those four days I take a 20 minute nap in the afternoon. Naps are awesome.

Nappifg is my favorite thifg to do! I could Napp all day lofg.

An hour or two on Sunday afternoon can be a great nap. It’s great to sleep for pleasure rather than necessity. I have to be careful taking a nap after work before the gym or else I go too long and miss my entire evening.

My favorite nap is on a Saturday afternoon after I’ve gotten all the housework done. I curl up on the living room couch with the sun coming in through the window, warming my feet. Sometimes if the TV is on, whatever’s playing will incorporate itself into my dream. Not so good if it’s a horror movie with typical horror movie music.

My favorite thing about taking a short nap (besides it being a nap) is that period right before I fall asleep, as my mind begins to free associate but I, of course, am not yet dreaming.

There’s something about that place and state of mind that makes naps all the more fun for me.

Naps For Everyone, Everyday – 2012! Yay!

I think napping needs to be taken more seriously. If you don’t get 7 or 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, the entirety of the health care and pharmaceutical industries stand ready to ride to your rescue. Don’t like pill A, then try pill B. You say pill B makes you drive your car in the nude to the convenience store where you buy cigarettes, cover them in butter and eat them? Hmmm, how unfortunate, try pill C. So while quality sleep is big business, no one cares about quality napping. It’s just wrong.

Republican, Democrat, Green Party? Screw 'em all, I’m starting the Zzzz Party!

We’ll get napping added to the Bill of Rights, dammit!

Who’s with me?!

I once gave a friend a whole book just about napping.

I nap almost every day. Love napping. Soooo luxurious. Usually only 20 minutes, makes such a difference.

What was the name of the book?

Change Your Life Without Getting Out of Bed: The Ultimate Nap Book by SARK

That’s the author that does wildly decorated books about Living Juicy and How to Really Love a Dog, stuff like that.