An over-inflated sense of self-importance.

Exactly.

Hamadryad, if it’s all the same to you, I would just as soon forget this whole thing. My post you referenced in the OP was made way past my bedtime and was a lame attempt at humor.

A sterling example of why I’m one of those people who need to use smilies consistantly, I guess.

That out of the way, I’m with you on the pimento thing. Abominations, that’s what they are.

NOW??? Where have you BEEN??

But many of us are willing to forgive her her sins, on account of those heavenly deviled eggs.

Deviled eggs suck. As does this thread. Good god, do we CARE?

Jesus H. CHRIST! If this is the most annoying a poster ever gets!

I mean, Hamma, you’re cool and all, but don’t waste good Pit space and valuable flames on something so lame.

Actually, that’s closer to a phobia.
Prejudice is a preconceived judgment or opinion or an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge.

Still, judging from your description of pimentos in the same post it seems you have sufficient knowledge of the nasty little buggers to properly dispise them.

And now that I’ve had some time to think clearly…and had a LONG talk with SP about this-thank you baby.:slight_smile:
I’m not trying to pass myself off as the expert on ANYTHING. I’m also not trying to impress everyone with how cool I am, or how much I can flirt, or even what I do or don’t do sexually.

I’m just responding as honestly and openly as I can. Sometimes that may come across as having a Diva attitude.
Hama…

Point taken about the personal attacks. I felt cornered and lashed out like a high schoooler instead of rebutting your OP like I did above. I do apologize for that.

When I said “you don’t know me” I should have added because the Dopers who do can testify that IRL I might be this ballsy chick like I am here but I do have insecurities. Lots of them. I rarely show them here on the SDMB because I don’t want to admit that I’m vulnerable. That I have had my feelings hurt by comments made here towards or about me.
Can we just let this die and agree to disagree?

BTW…thanks SP for listening to me:)

Do you use a lot of paprika on them? I really like paprika on mine. Both for the taste and the color contrast - the bright red on the bright yellow and white of the egg.

Oh, never fucking mind. I just read that you use a dash of paprika. Shoulda read the whole thread.

I too, am mistress of the Deviled Egg. And my secret is minced chives ( [sub]* real * chives, not the chopped tops of green onions…don’t you just hate it when a restaurant tells you they serve their potatoes with sour cream and chives and they bring you chopped green onions? Annoys the hell outta me…[/sub]) and horseradish Divine! (Also mayo, deli mustard, smidge of pickle, salt and pepper. I’ll have to try your recipe)

I love youse guys. All this entertainment just for lil’ ol’ me? Sadly it now appears to be winding down. So I’ll just sigh, stick a note in the calendar and wait four weeks until Hama starts another such pit thread on … oh … ::checks diary:: June 28th.

See y’all then :smiley:

And moi? I think that I may have to adopt “dagnabbit so-and-so” as my new SN replacement for “kabbes.” Quite, quite beautiful.

pan

Actually, come to think of it I would like to say a few slightly more serious things:[list=1][li]AR and hardygrrrrrrrl, did you not think that it would have been slightly more stylish to come in here and say something like “Don’t worry folks, I’m now here to settle all your anal worries” or somesuch? Ever hear of rising above it? A touch of humour will always difuse a situation faster than a return rant and it’s advice we could all do with reflecting upon from time to time.[/li]
[li]obfusicist - JFTR I think that you’re pretty cool.[/li]
[li]My thoughts on flirting can be found in numerous places, e.g. here where I said [/li][quote]
[example of flirting in a discussion of annoying things…]”PosterX, I love you, I want to screw your brains out” – otherwise known as flirting. If you want to indulge in this meaningless crap endlessly in MPSIMS then knock yourselves out. Just don’t interrupt a fierce debate on Republican Marijuana Smokers for Buddha in order to do it.

The thing is – it isn’t my position to tell others what they should post and how they should post it. They have to find their own MB feet. I’ve been chatting on various guises of the internet for about 10 years now – I’ve done the flirting thing, I’ve done the best friends thing, I’ve done the Meets and the chat. All good fun but I’m a bit bored with it now and the lures of IRL are a little too strong for me. I just want to use the MB for what is, in my opinion, its best attribute – debate with intellectually strong individuals from all viewpoints of life. However to many others this is all still relatively new and exciting. Furthermore to still more people, they haven’t got bored with it all - and I don’t have the right to tell them that they are wrong.
[/quote]
[/list=1]Tolerance and humour. This MB would be a nicer place with more of each. On the other hand it’d probably be a great deal less fun.

I’m rambling now.

pan

Kabbes- Did I ever tell you that I want you to bear my children? :wink:

Hama: Wow. I usually look forward to anything you have to say. You are usually informative, interesting and fun. I really dont know why you posted this thread. It could have gone Freak Freely for a while, but fortunately seems to have been diffused. While you weren’t the only one waving shitty sticks, the thread was a little OTT.

Arden and Hardy: I think both of you are the shiznit. While you were provoked, you needn’t have baited Hama into replying again and again.

C’mon people. why fight each other over trivial matters when we should be out fighting ignorance?

[rodney king]
Can’t we all just get along?
[/rodney king]

Bear them where? Are we going on a trip?

hee hee

An’ I love you too, man

pan

hardygrrl: I never specifically said it was you I was talking about - I personally don’t really care what you do or don’t think you’re the expert on. But on a message board, it’s not what you think you said that matters - it’s what everyone else took it to mean. And apparently, that comment rubbed a few people the wrong way. So maybe you should think about that.

Cranky: You have no idea how much I appreciated that response. :slight_smile: I know we’re not supposed to be nice in the pit, but thanks - you said that way better than I ever could.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm…I’m gonna try this if it ever gets warm enough to have a picnic around here.
Uova Sode Ripiene Estive

6 eggs
2-3 Roman tomatoes, cut into small dice
6 anchovies, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon capers
Mayonnaise
Salt & pepper
3-4 large fresh basil leaves

Prepare the eggs as for deviled eggs.

To the yolks add the tomatoes, anchovies, capers, and enough mayo to bind the mixture lightly. Season with S&P to taste. Carefully mound the mixture into the egg whites. Tear the basil leaves into small fragments and scatter over the tops of the stuffed eggs.

– from La Place & Kleiman; CUCINA RUSTICA, Morrow, 1990

Hama, I’m sorry I made a snide remark about your pride in being a bitch.

I came in here to defend my friend Arden and my hackles were all up. That was a crabby day for jarbaby all around.

I hope we can put this thread behind us and that I, one day soon, may sample your eggs.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

:: ahem ::

For lower fat and cholesterol deviled eggs, substitute half of the hardboiled yolks with plain mashed potatoes!

Just a little hint.

jarbaby

LIvingDeadGirl…point taken as well.

I really need to think before I post which I’m learning the hard way.
Sometimes I say things that I think are clearly joking-the oft cited anal sex thing being a prime example-and find out later that what I said was not interpreted the way I meant.
More thinking,less typing. :slight_smile:

kabbes:

Defuse.

hardygrrl: Hey, I wouldn’t worry about it too much - obviously a lot of people took it the right way as well, looking at the amount of supporters you have. So no hard feelings?