And Now Chris Hardwick [domestic abuse allegations]

Or maybe two bad people found one another.

In what way is she a bad person? It’s quite bizarre to say he was loathsome shit but she let him, so it’s a wash.

She wrote an anonymous hit piece. That says enough. Unless she was kept in shakles she was always free to leave. We need to hear both sides before we decide who is loathsome.

I don’t think that “says enough” but whatever. I’m done.

When did she write an anonymous piece? The one linked to in this thread is not anonymous.

I mean she didn’t come out and name him. She didn’t want to be sued. Accusations don’t equal actuality. Innocent till proven guilty, right?

Oops I completely misread something…

She told her story, so she is a loathsome person?

If she has lied and distorted then yes.

If her accusations are false, then naming him would be worse than not naming him, wouldn’t it?

If Chris Hardwick was convicted and sent to jail purely on the basis of this article, he should be released immediately.

Which…you have no evidence of,right? It’s possible, so therefore “two bad people found each other” and the sheer fact that she told her story means she probably is loathsome?
Assume for a moment that is possible that there are no distortions, and everything she wrote is absolutely true. Instead of assuming the worst about her, based on a woman telling her story, try starting from the point that you don’t have any idea if she is loathsome, but there is some evidence - if nothing else, the story she told- that *maybe *he is.
But hey, no shackles, she should have left.

. . . before what? Either he says “yep, it’s all true,” or he says, “she’s lying, I never did any of the fairly specific stuff she claims!” And if it’s the latter, then what?

No. She took the cowards way out. Had she named him and the allegations were false he could sue her and clear his name.

Are you assuming her innocence as well, or ave you decided that “maybe two bad people found each other”?

Are you trying to say that we should wait to pass judgment until Hardwick gets a chance to be heard and actual evidence emerges?

Then yes.

We have no evidence to decide either way so yes.

But you have decided, madsircool. You have decided that she is coward, bad, loathsome, and free to leave. You aren’t impartial at all.

It’s not a court case.

Why are you so invested in trying to make it one?

This thread reads like a point-by-point history lesson of all the ways women were systematically silenced about domestic violence.

Thanks to those who are trying to push back on that.

Because I remember many a time when innocents have been swept up in hysteria. The Salem Witch Trials. The McMartin case and the hysteria over abuse in pre schools. The McCarthy hearings.

Lets wait to see if the facts support the allegations before we destroy a persons life.