Andrew "Rick Grimes" Lincoln to leave The Walking Dead

They can’t have Daryl ‘take over’. What a ridiculous idea, why??? He can barely string two sentences together. He is a good right-hand man, a loyal lieutenant, he is muscle when called for, and bodyguarding and tracking and scavenging. But he is not a leader. The only logical choice is Carol, she has brains, knowledge, she could be the leader (if our dear Maggie dies in childbirth and we lose her as the leader)…well, I wish the departing good luck They’ll have a career playing bit parts in NCIS and such. Or some obscure Netflix show… like Elijah Wood, Daniel Radcliffe, those actors who lucked out getting once in a lifetime fabulous roles, they probably won’t ever come across those big roles again.

Yeah, like that guy who played Indiana Jones. Or that guy that played Han Solo.

What show biz poison he turned out to be.

Lincoln had somewhat a decent career before. But I can’t see him doing a full on movie star big theatre release. I just don’t. I hope I am wrong.

Not very convincing when you can only name one selection and had to name him twice. I’m not saying that there are not other examples but apparently none that came to your mind quickly which really reinforces the argument you’re trying to argue against IMHO. Off the top of my head I can think of several examples of actors never overcoming their own successful acting roles. In fact the other poster already did and my list wouldn’t include anyone on theirs.

Whoosh

Nifty! I like that!

If you say so but I honestly still don’t get the Whoosh. You don’t need to explain but I must wonder if the word Whoosh means something
entirely different to the two of us. No biggie. I hope your Whoosh is sincerely funny to those who get it.

Yes, yes, I knew someone here would whine ‘but but but what about ___?’ thanks! - There are always exceptions. I said they PROBABLY wouldn’t get those huge roles ever again. Probably means the odds are against it, but not completely against it.

When it was being debated who would might be in the running for James Bond if Daniel Craig actually turned it down, his name was mentioned. But I think only because he was a white Englishman like all the other actors mentioned.

Well, maybe the rest of the group will finally start making good decisions. Getting rid of Rick can’t hurt in that regard.

It turns out they are in purgatory. At the end, Rick says to Negan - “You were a great number 2”.

Then the credits roll.

Mrs. L.A. and I watched the show religiously. I still do. But Mrs. L.A. says it has become boring, predictable, and most of all, depressing. I think it’s time they start rebuilding society. They have the ‘How To Rebuild After The Apocalypse’ book that Maggie got from Van Lady. Have a couple more crises while they’re rebuilding society, end with the Sun rising over their wind farm or whatever.

I think Kirkman said on TTD that Rick is definitely going to croak. And didn’t I hear that there’s only one more season after this one?

I like this.

Then a link to the “Life After People” series.