Animated Star Trek Comedy coming

In fairness, The Orville is average as shows go (though the last episode of Season 1 was pretty decent). It’s just that, in comparison to Voyager, Enterprise, and the “reboot” movies, it’s a significant step up. Which is fine with me. I’m quite happy they renewed for Season 2.

Star Trek could be saved - if someone in charge of it decided to understand what Roddenberry did and why we are still talking about it 52 years later.
Roddenberry was hopeful. His successors hated that. Roddenberry very specifically did not want the show to be about a war. I gave up on DS9 as the Dominion War dragged on and on and on.
I watched TOS from the first episode, and I agree with you that it is time to kill it.
I am going to checkout the Orville, though.

The Orville is basically Seth MacFarlane’s big budget TNG cosplay. So, it’s basically a pretty good substitute with the occasional PG dick joke…which puts it head and shoulders above Voyager and so far ahead of everything that came after that if CBS actually wants to continue making a Star Trek show they should just negotiate the rights and fold it in. I mean, it doesn’t have anything to do with the continuity of Star Trek but as far as I can tell neither does Discovery.

Stranger