Ann Rule has died

Author of many crime books, including the definitive story about Ted Bundy.

Her first book, The Stranger Beside Me, was a humdinger and a hard act to follow. I have probably read about ten of her books. She was one of the better writers in a genre littered with hacks.

RIP

Oh, this surprised me. I thought she was a lot younger for some reason.

I enjoyed several of her books. May she rest in peace.

She was the keynote speaker a writing conference I went to years ago. She’d recently released Bitter Harvest, which was about a case my brother had worked on, so I shamelessly dropped his name and got to have quite a nice chat with her. She was really funny.

It’s sad that at the end of her life, both her sons intimidated her and stole her money as she was suffering from dementia.

StG

I’ve only read a few of her books, but I did enjoy them. I have yet to read the Bundy one.

RIP.
PS: Two 10,000 word articles per week for 13 years? I’m going to go out on a limb and say that’s a typo… surely it’s two 1,000 word columns per week.

Rule’s Bundy book The Stranger Beside Me is the scariest true crime book I ever read.

Sad to hear this. For any number of bizarre reasons, I am a huge fan of true crime events. And she wrote them up superbly. :eek:

And I had no idea that her name was “Stackhouse.” I knew Houston Stackhouse the blues singer. No relation, obviously.