Another Africa thread hijacked

Congrats. It took three pages, but you racist gang of assholes finally did it.

Is it any surprise?

I guess I was hoping that Marley23’s warning might just “nip it in the bud.”

Considering the topic, it would unavoidably draw these types. But, honestly between those guys, and the as equally unavoidable PC crowd (“Africa is a pristine paradise marred by the greed of the White Man”), I prefer the first batch.

The second batch (“Africa is a pristine paradise”) doesn’t exist; the first batch is a very real gang of ignorant, racist, idiots who exist only to hijack Africa related threads to preach their brand of racist ignorance.

It won’t, but it will provide enough CYA space for some Warnings to start being handed out.

Yeah, I’m surprised it took three pages, and not three posts.

This thread is stupid and pointless. I don’t want to slog through 100 posts just to see what the fuck you’re talking about.

I haven’t read the other thread, but I would bet my left nut that what they are saying isn’t racist in the least. They are probably just discussing the research that shows how IQ tends to vary across racial groups.

This messageboard is a haven for racists. We aren’t allowed to call them on it in GD except in the most mealymouthed ways, and we seem to pick up a new one every so often. It’s a disgrace.

This is, unfortunately true. IIRC I asked a question about this once in ATMB and the answer was, essentially, that “Blacks are prone to crime, unintelligent, lazy and unable to comprehend the essential superiority of the White Man’s Culture.” is not hate speech but “Blacks are prone to crime, unintelligent, lazy and unable to comprehend the essential superiority of the White Man’s Culture, oh, and ‘nigger’.” is.

I understand the general reluctance to avoid labeling unpopular ideas as “jerkish” behavior simply because they’re jerkish, but any moderately intelligent racist can set up shop here for years on end if they choose to. Only the dumbest and most outrageous even stand a chance at getting banned.

Apparently I haven’t been privy to a lot of Africa discussion threads in the past. You’re talking about the “Theories of racial intelligence” references?

ETA: Reading the above post fills me in. Got it.

Well, not only are those posts racist, they are djskfjfjdkist and skcibrjisbsist as well (for certain definitions of those words, naturally).

There’s a link in post #3.

I’d be happy if they stopped hijackiing Africa threads (the racist assholes don’t seem to hijack India/China/etc threads) to preach their garbage. They simply cannot stick to threads dedicated to striking down their brand of racist voodoo.

They exist only to spew trash in unrelated Africa/black threads and wait for a response.

Well, they just drew a Warning for that thread. Give an idiot enough rope and generally they hang themselves.

They’re just fighting your ignorance, which is taking konger than they thought.

(Note that I’m only talking about mentions of the race/IQ studies, not anything elkse that me be discussed in that thread, which I haven’t read).

The problem is that they return to the race/IQ question over and over again, even when it has very little or nothing to do with the ongoing discussion at hand. Even assuming they are simply very interested in the point and not at all motivated by racism, it’s obnoxious to continually hijack a discussion in that manner.

Wow, it didn’t take long for this thread to be hijacked either.

It seems to me that it does have to do with the ongoing discussion. If, and I do say if, the race/IQ differences are valid, then they could explain a position that says “Africa would be pretty much the same without white imperialism”.

I have started a thread in ATMB to discuss, if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Shodan