Another case of GOP hypocrisy (how many is this now?)

Should we skin them first?

Dan

Hypocrisy is the bedrock of conservatism.

“If you don’t let us be hypocrites, then you hate FREEDOM!”

Cognition without dissonance is like … guns without ammo! Like Amerika without hate! Like … well, you get the idea.

Thought people would like to read College Board’s response to Florida.

College Board’s response

I think its the correct response, diplomatic, but stressing academic independence .

I agree. For those who don’t want to take the time to read the letter, I’ve provided a less diplomatic synopsis below:

" In general we take the consider input from states regarding our class proposals seriously, but your letter was utter bullshit, not even fit to use to line the bird cage in our offices. Any similarity between the actions we took and the demands of your letter are purely coincidental, and should not be viewed as an endorsement of your bigotry. We aren’t going to be bullied and if you don’t like it you can fuck off."

Hypocrisy and cowardice all in the same package. How efficient of him!

As Gov. Ron DeSantis prepared for an election night party in downtown Tampa last year, city officials received a surprising – and politically sensitive – request.

The Republican governor’s campaign wanted weapons banned from his victory celebration at the city-run Tampa Convention Center, a city official said in emails obtained by The Washington Post. And the campaign suggested that the city take responsibility for the firearms ban, the official said – not the governor, who has been a vocal supporter of gun rights.

“DeSantis/his campaign will not tell their attendees they are not permitted to carry because of the political optics,” Chase Finch, the convention center’s safety and security manager, said in an Oct. 28 email to other city officials about the request…

While we’re piling on DeSantis, this article describes his cozy relationship with the developer of The Villages, and how the connection helps screw elderly taxpayers and quash dissent.