Another day, another woman teacher arrested for having sexual intercourse and maybe oral sex too..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pennsylvania-teacher-sex-student-classroom-cops-article-1.1724153
Or possibly even anal sex or any other type of weird sex, we just don’t know. We just don’t know what type of sex they had.

I don’t know if female teacher on male student sex is more prevalent nowadays than years past or decades or centuries past, but there are definitely more media stories about it. It’s become a ‘thing’ of sorts.

I hate that we have to pretend that someone was victimized. I honestly do not see these students as victims. I feel that they’ve benefited, they’ve learned, they’ve tasted an aged snatch and know what’s it like (it’s probably gross.) Our criminalization of this sort of thing has more to do with our uneasiness about sex than anything else. Do you agree? Was someone victimized?

The only thing weird about any of those kinds of sex is the age of her partner, and their roles (as teacher and student).

His age here was apparently 18, or maybe 17 when it happened. I can’t get too excited about that.

I don’t think too many people will call him a victim, but what she did was a crime.

31 is not that “aged.”

:confused::smack:

I’m guessing the OP is 15 years old, frustrated and confused.

Well I’m feeling pretty victimized after reading that OP.

Like fine wine, only sweeter and more intoxicating.

So Ripple, basically?

Niiiice!

Click the link. Look at her face. It’s so gross! I bet she doesn’t even have acne, or braces anymore! :dubious:

And to clarify the implication: age of consent is 16 in PA. He is well over legal, but it’s a conflict of interest-type thing because she is responsible for him. Similar, but not identical to a 45 year old college professor dating a 37 year old student, although the punishment is probably administrative not criminal. As soon as those grades are in, though…

I predict: nowhere remotely near 7 years. Maybe even a suspended sentence.

Philistine. Its Thunderbird all the way.

Sorry, I meant to interject some humor in the serious point I was making (something about freedom.)

At first I thought the picture was a little blurry, but then I realized it was the fumes of her agedness making it look like that…

Hmm, I am not completely sure about the ultimate moral principles surrounding this sort of issue, but I know I would have enjoyed it if my old English teacher would have been one of these teachers you hear about if you get what I’m saying. :wink:

Hmmm, why was it a crime (or perhaps I should ask, why do you think it was wrong?)? I don’t know if you are American but 18 is the age of consent… plus it seems to be a little bit arbitrary. I mean, if you are a month away from 18, do you really have that much worse of a decision making process? I am not trying to get on your case, but I am wondering why you think it is wrong?

People in a position of power should not be having sex with their underlings. It’s not the same situation as two adults meeting randomly. It’s more one-sided.

There are some hard and fast rules about being a teacher. One of them is don’t fuck the students. I don’t think that is a difficult rule to understand. Pretty straight forward and not arbitrary at all.

In most states the age of consent is lower than 18. Sometimes much lower. But most states have provisions in their laws making it illegal for teacher-student relationships.

Exactly.

It is a crime because the Pennsylvania state legislature, in its wisdom, chose to make it a crime:

The good people of Pennsylvania, acting through their legislature, decided teachers should not be having sex with students at their schools, regardless of age.

I think you mean to be questioning the wisdom of this law rather than questioning whether it is actually a crime.

Yes, that it is a criminal act is not contested. I am wondering if it is a good idea that it be made criminal (and in this case, that would mean it is wrong.) I felt that the tone of the person who I quoted felt that it was wrong (not just criminal) so I am asking why poster Bup felt that way (if I was right in picking up that Bup thought it was wrong, not just criminal)

I can see how it could get in the way of a student learning material, or honest grading (you are more likely to bump the grade up), but this isn’t a given. Since this is not always the case, should it be made into a hard and fast rule? Or are there other principles involved in a teacher-student relationship to make it a bad idea?

Wow, I didn’t know that. I thought 18 was across the board…

What makes it criminal and not just a bad idea is that the level of power and control is much greater. There are many forms of coercion beyond physical force. The opportunity for abuse is just too great. An older more experienced person with power and control over a juvenile can easily manipulate the emotions of a younger less experienced person to get their way. That’s why there are laws against it.

I will give you the example of my state (New Jersey). The absolute age of consent is 13. 12 or under consent can not be given. Over 13 and under 16 consent can be given if the other party is less than 4 years older. Over 16 consent can be given regardless of the age of the other person unless: the actor is related to the victim by blood or affinity to the third degree, the actor has supervisory or disciplinary power over the victim by virtue of the actor’s legal, professional, or occupational status, or the actor is a resource family parent, a guardian, or stands in loco parentis within the household. Then the age of consent is 18.

Most states have different levels to their age of consent. But its different in each state.

Yeah, it’s not complicated.

You guys are thinking back to some hot teacher you had in high school and thinking “yeah I woulda liked to hit that.” But what if it was the remarkably unattractive Miss Moskowitz telling you that she would flunk you if you didn’t get up close and personal with her aged snatch?

If an 18 year old guy wants to “benefit” and “learn” from having sexual encounters with a 31 year old woman, more power to him. But that 31 year old woman can not be his teacher.

What does “blood or affinity to the third degree” mean here?

People also always imagine the boy as being some emotionally sound, well-grounded young man. But let’s face it, the sort of grown woman who is attracted to a teenager is not generally the most emotionally sound person herself. And she’s not going to latch on to the kid who could take such a relationship in stride–she’s going to latch on to the kid who is already an emotional wreck, and use that to tie him in weirder and tighter knots than he ever would have gotten himself into.