[QUOTE=gigi]
OK, so a couple of years ago I worked for a boss who when he was nervous would pull at his crotchal area, like a 7-year-old boy with issues. I don’t know if he cut down on that or if I started to tune it out, but I got past it and eventually left the job and not because of that.
Last week or so we got a new consultant who is cute as can be and just a little on the arrogant side, which my insecure self responds interestingly to. Yum. Anyhoo, he comes over to ask about something and is standing in my doorway and quite obviously…adjusts himself. Drat. Another one! I’m looking at my monitor but he’s right beyond it; does he think I and the other woman in the office don’t have peripheral vision??
Fellows, is it a matter of life and death and such urgency that you would take a chance at folks looking at you askance?
[/QUOTE]
Hmm…interesting.
Well, I haven’t seen men do this very often (in public), but, being a man myself, my first guess would be that it has something to with adjusting themselves. My guess is that the men who do this are wearing boxer shorts, and their johnsons might not always stay to the side that’s most comfortable for that particular guy (most guys, I think, prefer to “dress” to either the right or the left). (I wear boxers myself, and though I don’t tend to have that problem, it occurs to me that other guys could.)
Of course, there might also be some scrotal itch going on, but being as that’s generally not an issue for me, I can’t speak to it. And if that’s an issue for other men? Sorry, can’t help you there.
Is is life or death important? Well, comfort-wise, it could seem that way in the moment. I mean, if your penis is in a position that truly doesn’t suit you (I’d be very uncomfortable if mine shifted from one side to the other of its own accord), it can drive you batshitcrazy to the point where it’s difficult to think of anything else. Ideally, the dude would be able to wait until he was a in a position–no pun intended–where no one could witness the readjustment, but…well, unless you have a penis yourself, it’s difficult to explain.
Of late, the only times (i.e., REALLY few) that I’ve had to re-adjust in semi-public and run the (calculatedly small) risk of being noticed have been when I’ve felt that my cock ring was slipping to the extent that it was about to extricate itself, fall down my pant leg, and plop itself out onto the ground–clink-clink-roll-down-the-sidewalk–while I was walking down the street. (Trust me, after that happens just once, you learn to take some risks and hope that no one catches you rectifying the problem. And can I just add that my wish is to be able to get one custom-fitted so that I don’t have to worry about this kind of slippage?) So, I don’t know. Maybe dude’s wearing a cock ring that’s slipping. I can’t be the only one!
Yeah, I know–the c. ring stuff was probably TMI, but what can I say? (Besides that I warned you?) I just reckon that I’m in that kind of a sharing mood today. 
Oh, and who knows? Perhaps dude is trying to tell you something. If he’s as cute as can be and all that, well… . Lord knows, the way things have been going for me lately, I wouldn’t mind watching a little bit of re-adjustment. 