Another question...

Ok I though up another question. Its kinda unanswerable though: Why do we drive in a parkway and park in a driveway? Try to answer that, I dare you…

Hello Blizzen and welcome to the Straight Dope Message Board. It helps to search the Index for answers to your questions before asking on the board. Your answer is found here in this link :

Why do we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway?

Any bets as to what Blitzzen’s next thread is? I figure it’s a tossup between gry and the black box.

Look kid, we’ve been fighting ignorance since 1973 (well, Cecil has, at least. I wasn’t even born then). Maybe you could find something that has more than an infinitessimal chance of not having been covered.

Stop worrying about where you may park your very own clever car, cute new toy, trendy little person carrier; whatever the new name is; think about what your car is doing do other people. Hell, I did not really mean to be personally nasty- it’s just a small rantlett coming on. It will pass soon.

I realised that my comment sounded rather more uncivil than was intended and I do apologise.

I think you’re looking for this.

When they don’t post their question in the Subject, you know they are a newbie.