Another "satisfied" Amazon customer

"SEATTLE (AP) — Amazon.com is fixing a Web page listing a book by religious leader Pat Robertson because of an apparent prank that implies the book is attractive to practitioners of anal sex.

"Included in the ordering information on Robertson’s ‘Six Steps to Spiritual Revival’ are references to other book titles and the reference: ‘Customers who shopped for this item also shopped for these items:’

"One of the books listed is ‘The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Men,’ by Bill Brent.

"‘We have done some investigating, it seems rather an unusual juxtaposition, and we don’t believe it’s actually the result of people in good faith looking at the same items,’ Patty Smith, spokeswoman for Amazon.com, said Friday.
She expected the Web page to be updated within a day or two.

“Pat Robertson could not immediately be reached for comment.”
But don’t you wish he had been.

Well after this story, there probably will be a link between the two books – I made sure to view both The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Men and Six Steps to Spiritual Revival, although I didn’t buy either one. :smiley:

I saw a screen shot once that someone had made of Amazon showing the page for The Complete Guide To Anal Sex For Women. It was right before Mothers’ Day and there was a big ad on the page saying, “Don’t forget Mom!”

Amazon is messed up. I just looked up a book of short stories, and under reccomendations it says:

Customers who wear clothes??? How do they know?

Here is the screenshot I took:

http://opalcat-things.com/images/amazon-recommends.png

Sheah, right. Like anyone wears clothes when they shop online.

Here’s an explanation for the clothes thing.

I saw that yesterday on Amazon… Absolutely hilarious.

One has to wonder what Henry Raddick would have to say about this. It’s right up his alley (no pun intended).

Perhaps someone should send ol’ Pat a copy of How to Good-Bye Depression: If You Constrict Anus 100 Times Everyday. Malarkey? or Effective Way? That might cheer him up.

For one Fathers’ Day, I bought my dad a book titled roughly Secret Flowers-A Collection Of Ancient Chinese Erotica. A couple was flipping through what seemed to be the only copy. I asked if they were buying it, as I wanted to give it to my Dad. the woman asked “You’re father is interested in stuff like this?” I replied “If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be a father would he?”

Dad also has books of thousand year old erotica from Arab culture.

Personally, I find the concept of buying my parents sexual guides or aids repulsive, repugnant and downright skeevy. But I know that not everyone feels that way.

I don’t see the above suggestion as innappropriate in the least.

Clean Underwear from Amazon’s Target Store

So does that mean they also sell DIRTY underwear?