Another sibling gone

It was just a little over a year ago that I posted about the older of my two brothers having died. Now my other brother is gone, too. He slipped away early Wednesday morning, after almost two weeks in the ICU. He had done battle with lymphoma for 10 years. He was 64.

He had borne so much pain in his life (including the death of his son) with great stoicism. During his last hospitalization, before he ended up in the ICU, he told my sister that he was just tired of fighting his illness.

There were six of us. Now we are three. (My oldest sister died in 2005.) It just feels so fucking horrible.

I am so sorry… My thoughts are with you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

I’m so sorry.

I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and strength in this difficult time.

I lost my sister a couple of years ago. It does in fact feel fucking horrible.

My prayers are with you; may you find peace more than pain in the coming days.

I’m sorry for your loss.

{{{feckafree}}}

I’m very sorry for your family’s loss. I hope for peace for all of you suffering.

I’m so sorry. Losing a sibling is hard.

I’m so sorry to read this. Condolences to you and your family.

I’m so very sorry for your losses. I can’t imagine losing my siblings.

I am so sorry that this happened, Freckafree. I lost my oldest sister in '87 and now my whole family consists of the other sister and me. It feels lonely sometimes. Take care of yourself during this really stressful time, and remember that we are here to listen whenever you need us.