Any Cranes fans left out there?

I’m kind of excited, they are touring and they’ll be in my area this April. I’ve never seen them live before.

I love that Alison Shaw’s voice… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My hand is raised!

I’ve loved the Cranes for quite a few years, but I’ve only seen them live once (great show!) I love Alison’s voice too, it’s one of the oddest voices in music.

I just wanted to let you know you weren’t alone.

Eq

I love the Cranes! I first heard them live in 1992 and bought “Wings of Joy.” Can’t remember who they were opening for. I see they’re swinging through Austin in May… I’ll mark it on my calendar!

-fh

I’d be lying if I declared myself some major fan, but I have a few of their albums which get a spin now and again (Forever, Wings of Joy and Self-Non-Self). Saw them back in the day at the Metro in Chicago (March 22nd 1997 according to the stub in my Forever jewel case). If the chance came up, I’d see them again :slight_smile:

Ah, boy, ordered a lyric book (autographed by alison!) from cranes-fan.com. So sweet to sit back and listen to the music loud and read away… I don’t think I’ve ever done that except with, er, the Cure.

The show here in Boston (well, Cambridge… my town, yea!) approaches so quickly, two weeks away. Got a friend flying in from out of town to see it with me. So very excited.

I am positively gushing. This band hides betwen the Misfits, DK, and Fugazi as my “dirtly little secret”. I adore them so very much it borders on unhealthy.

Ok, enough rambling for a pathetic bump. :smiley: On one hand, there just aren’t enough Cranes fans in the world. On the other hand, if there were more then I couldn’t see them at such a nice, small venue. A mixed blessing if ever there were one.

I love the Cranes. Got into em more recently, like about four years ago, but they are really great. I heard Lilies and bought a singles collection that was really great.

Erek

OK, just got back from the show tonight here in Cambridge and what can I say but holy fucking shit. I’ve been to quite a few shows in my time and while I have enjoyed myself I often prefer to listen the CD/LP/tape/whatever to actually seeing the band live. But I gotta say this was a totally different thing altogether.

They sounded so clean… and Alison is so damned angelic. I don’t know how to praise the band without sounding like some stalker fanboy, so I guess I will just leave it at that. There is nothing I could say without sounding like I am drooling.

Hell, I am drooling. I’ve been speechless about the affair for the last hour or so. They are a fantastic band, and they both lived up to and far surpassed my greatest expectations of them. They played a nice, long set and I couldn’t believe it when I checked my watch… “Damn it,” I thought, “they just got on stage!” Well, sure, maybe an hour and a half ago they just got on stage. The time flew by like some dream state.

To stand right there, not ten feet away from her… I’ll tell you, an experience I can never forget. Jim Shaw writes some fantastic music, and she can sing (and write!) a killer song. Kudos, Cranes! Thanks for playing a well-rounded set. Something old, something new… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: