Any news on the next GTA game?

GTA being, you know Grand Theft Auto… You may of heard of it.

Just curious thats all. :slight_smile:

I did a search last Sunday and couldn’t find anything. Here’s the official website, I’m sure we’ll hear about it first there.

While we wait, I hear that True Crime will be able to hold us over.

there is talk of a new engine being made for GTA4, and no one really knows if there will be another one on the GTA3 engine. I hope so, i got the need for mayhem.

Pretty much all the we know for sure is that it will be out in fall (probably October) of 2004, and it will at first be a PS2 exclusive.

As for speculation, most people agree that it will follow the progression of original cities and be called “San Andreas”. A bit further down on the speculation list is that the game will be set in a San Francisco-look alike (just like New York and Miami), which would seem logical. Some even go as far to suggest that it will be set in the 1960s, but again, that’s just speculation.

I wouldn’t expect to hear many hard-core facts about the game until E3 in May. Rockstar probably wants to have a good deal of the game done before they start spouting off gameplay features, plot details, or even a setting.

Oh, one last bit of further speculation: GTA 4 will be a launch title for the PS3. Of course, that’s the most wild idea since I don’t think Sony’s decided whether to do that in 2005 or 2006. It would be one hell of a system seller, though.

An aside: how many copies did the GTA double pack sell for the PS2? It seems like anyone who wanted to had already played those games. I can’t see a market for it besides newly-turned 17 year olds or maybe people who traded in the games a while back.

Here is a little bit of information for you: