Any other songs like this ?

I’m completely enamored with Duran Duran’s Come Undone.
(listen to Windows Media Player sample; 30 seconds, bass sounds weird)

It sounds so unlike a “regular” song. Moody is how most people on the net have described it. But, a lot of songs are moody without sounding different than a regular song.

Does anyone know of a similar song ? (Similar harmonics or melodies, in general, similar feel)

Have you ever listened to much Depeche Mode? They’ve got more than their fair share of moody songs and they’re really really good, IMO.

Try The Cure

or Love and Rockets

Ugh.

Pass the razor blade, please.

Try “Six Underground” by the Sneaker Pimps, off the Saint movie soundtrack. Incredibly cool and moody, with an ethereally-voiced woman singer…

“Take me down, six underground - the ground beneath your feet…”

For that matter, if you like that, then you are drifting into a genre called “Trip-Hop” - music with a dance-able beat, with with airy arrangements and (usually) women vocalists singing haunting melodies.

Protection, by the band Massive Attack, is considered a core CD for this genre - a mix of guest vocalists, but the title track is hauntingly beautiful.

I would also recommend the Big Calm, a CD by Morcheeba…

Gyan9 by some strange conicidence, I’ve been listening to that Duran Duran song again lately too. The closest matches I can think of would be " Pretty When You Cry" / “Touched” by VAST, and “Don’t Mean Anything”/ “Down She Goes” by Adam Cohen.

passes the razor blade

Remember, it’s down the road not across the street.

Christ, one of the clubs here just held ‘Cryfest’. 3 hours of nothing but The Cure and The Smiths.

I never did think well of depresso-rock.

Heh heh. Wouldn’t it have been fun to sneak something like Katrina & the Waves’ “Walking on Sunshine” into the CD player? :stuck_out_tongue:

Gyan9, thanks for posting this. I just <ahem> acquired this song and can’t believe how long it has been since I’ve heard it.

Thudlow, That is an evil thought - I like it!