Any WWE fans in the audience? (Part 1)

She’s doing a mandible claw now. Forget what she calls it. Like a good dentist she wears a plastic glove. For a while she would attempt to break her opponents teeth by forcing the bottom rope into their mouth and them stomping their head. Seems more like a serious jaw separation would occur but I don’t recall he following through on it. She did comment that it didn’t matter if she broke someone’s teeth because she could fix them, she’s a dentist you know. This last match a turnbuckle was pulled off and she started to do something similar to that, but it kind of got lost in all the thumbtacks, chair shots, and the crimson mask she wore.

Damn, I hope she keeps getting better, she’s putting the WWE women to shame despite how talented a few of them are. Dr. Britt Baker, DMD has absolutely proven herself a true hardcore wrestler and an impressive worker too seeing as how she has an actual dental practice on the side.

seems the road dawg had a heart attack

MSN

hope he gets better as he was one of the more interesting guys back in the day

Has anybody transitioned to Peacock yet? It looks like you have to start a new account with them, and I’m not sure if I have to go through the motions of cancelling WWE Network or if it will be done for me.

Yeah, but it is shit, even if all you want is live events. WWE Network will not renew even if you don’t cancel.

On Peacock:

1. One can’t enter late and start from the beginning
  2. One can’t pause, rewind, or fast forward (of course, there is no need for FF is one can’t pause or rewind)
  3. NBC Universal is editing old segments that don’t meet their standards and practices. I wonder how much of the Attitude Era will end up vanishing
  4. When the WWE Network shutters for good, tons and tons of content will go dark until NBC Universal gets around to it.

So things have gotten much shittier for the subscribers, but Vince can buy himself a new jet. Couple that with Stephanie’s recent comments on why WWE “owns” their performers’ images, and this company really, really makes me want to barf. Adding in the lackluster and often asinine and insulting storytelling, it’s probably time for me to take a WWE hiatus after WM. And that’s a shame, because the performers are fantastic, work their asses off, and deserve much better.

[quote=“D_Odds, post:9313, topic:690124, full:true”]
On Peacock:
3. NBC Universal is editing old segments that don’t meet their standards and practices. I wonder how much of the Attitude Era will end up vanishing[/quote]
It looks like, so far, the only things removed are things that are being removed from other shows by other companies as well - for example, there was one match where one of the wrestlers was in blackface (and both Peacock and Amazon Prime have removed both of the live episodes of 30 Rock for the same reason).
I have a feeling we may be going back to the days where, as Chris Jericho puts it in his books, Chris Benoit matches are “being buried and technically doesn’t exist anymore.” Remember, this is the NBC Universal that had a hand in retconning last year’s American Ninja Warrior to remove all traces of Drew Dreschel competing.

Feel the same way about RAW; with the Orton/Alexa Bliss/The Fiend storyline and now the Shane McMahon/Braun Strowman feud I find watching the show painful.

Shane has no business being in the ring “fighting” anyone and the “special effects” of the Orton/Fiend feud are horrible. They both just expose the “fakeness” of pro wrestling for a lack of a better term.

Pretty fun news in our household, we got tickets to BOTH nights of Takeover. Going to be two looooong nights for us, but should be fun too

Congratulations. Should be fun. Personally, too much wrestling this week. I’m going to have to pick and choose.

I still haven’t gotten around to making a Peacock account. I can watch NXT On Demand. I can probably find NXT UK and Broken Skull Sessions on the so-called dark web. On the other hand, anything Vince has his hands on, I can do without, including WM.

In the poor planning department, I’m going to be away and busy from Wednesday thru Sunday, and will miss most of the WM stuff. With the way Peacock sucks (no FF to just the stuff one wants to watch), it might be awhile before I catch up…if I catch up. While the build has sucked on Raw (and semi-sucked on Smackdown), I am looking forward to what should hopefully be two really good Women’s Championship matches; I think it is a lock that Asuka loses, and I put it at 85%+ that Banks loses. As much as I love me some Asuka, it is the right call. But I also think the right call is for both Lashley and Reigns to retain, and I think it is a very, very good chance neither does.

The Lockjaw.

Think the glove was a pandemic development, though she may be carrying them herself now instead of grabbing them from the ref.

My guess is that the reason Bryan has been added to Edge/Reigns so Edge can win the title without Roman taking the pin, because Vince’s Golden Boy must be protected at all costs, and then we get an Edge/Bryan feud for a few months where they can both work safe with each other.

Well it was also the right call to have her lose to Ember Moon back in their NXT days and they still kept it on her…

I thought Asuka should have lost to Nikki even before that, and I agree about losing to Ember Moon. I thought those were the two most credible challengers during her NXT reign.

If Asuka loses outright she’ll be gone soon. There might be some interference when Ripley is clearly about to win so they can draw it out for a few performances before the title changes hands.

She’ll be gone soon? To where? Why I’m gods name would she leave a place she’s coddled so damn much?

I think a clean loss would be a sign that her time at the top is over. The women’s division is pretty thin right now so a little while down the road they may need to bring her back as a credible contender. I could be totally wrong, I keep making the mistake of thinking WWE will try to make their show better.

Clearly, @TriPolar is not ready for Asuka.

Best part of last night: sitting behind Raquel Gonzales parents and watching them react to her match and eventual win. Wrestlers families are fun

I have some thoughts about Night 1 of Wrestlemania.

Firstly, WWE was grossly irresponsible putting on this show with a crowd of that size. If there was an attempt at socially distant seating I couldn’t see it, and it would have been negated anyway when the audience had to pack up and shelter in the corridors of the stadium (twice - there was also a weather alert before the show went live.) The crowd shots kept showing people not wearing masks or wearing them wrong, and there was no attempt I could see to enforce it (though they did have time to make the one woman on the hard cam change out of her GCW shirt). That topped off with Vince’s opening speech basically amounting to a “covid’s over, let’s party like it’s 1999” premature victory lap left a bad taste in my mouth and this is undoubtedly going to contribute to a spike in cases over the next few weeks.

Aside from that, though, the show had its highlights. Omos looked like a beast squashing the New Day, and he’s remarkably agile for his size. I see a long undefeated streak and a world title run in his future as long as he can stay off the injury treadmill. Bad Bunny was very impressive in his debut, better than most celebrity matches, and I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing him wrestle a couple times a year. Cesaro’s neck swing and Braun throwing Shane off the cage were both highlights of the night. The weather delay itself was unfortunate, but the hastily thrown together unscripted promos they put on to fill time were glorious, between Seth acting like he’d gotten into Hulk Hogan’s coke stash, Bayley doing her best Leva Bates impression, and the New Day New-Daying it up. For the most part, the right people won their matches (though the finish to Drew/Lashley was wonky as hell) and it was an entertaining night.