Anybody else a dyslexic typer?

a secret for all of you…

its the keyboard that is lysdexic!!!

and not to cheapen dyslexia, but it is used here in a light sense…

as a programmer by trade, you would think i could type worth something, yeah, write… uhm, that is right.

teh should become an accepted version of the
oh, and tje = the also… trust me.

And double letters (eg, leeters instead of letters; opps instead of oops;etc)

Freudian slips (try typing rock crud mother fockers instead of spammers, oops, my bad)

in our office we usually sit and discuss our most blatant screw-balls… and for the life of me I can’t remember any othersright now.

Then there are the times when you realise you have made a mistake, backspace one too many/few, carry on typing, backspace carry on typing, backspace… you rewrite one frigging word 10 times :smack:

or maybe thats just me, YMMV.

You want the cure to bad spelling?

Buy a “speller”, a slim dictionary that has word spelling and division, but no definitions. They were sold for secretaries before spellcheckers arrived.

Every time you are in doubt, look the word up and mark it in the margin with “+” if you guessed right and “-” if you guessed wrong.

In a couple of months, copy those words marked, + and -, onto paper and study them.

One immediate effect is that you will realize how few words you question your spelling on. And then of course you can study them for a bit like you did in grade school, copying and saying out loud.

Lysdexic? That’s me! My case seems to be mostly a matter of typing the letter with the correct finger, but on the wrong hand. So Sunstone would come out as Ltblwbi. At least I think that’s it, rather than my spelling! Just lousy typing actally.

Actually, I’m an excellent speller, thank you very much. My fingers just refuse to follow instructions is all.

Barry

All the god bless-ed time. All the ding dang time. If it involves a consonant and a vowel in the middle of a word I’ll lay you odds I’m going to type them backwards. I’m also left-handed. Coincidnece?

I went through education right up to Law School without knowing – actually, I probably more accurately mean ‘realising’ - I was dyslexic. Only (self) discovered it - and the extent of it - when I bought my first computer.

That was a ‘forehead slap’ moment, I won’t forget in a curry.