Anyone been to the Sphere yet?

I’m planning a trip to Las Vegas in a few weeks, mainly to see some shows (Love, Ka, and Blue Man Group). I’m wondering if it’s worth seeing The Sphere Experience at the newly opened Sphere. The actual content of the show doesn’t sound terribly exciting (“Part sci-fi story, part nature documentary, Postcard From Earth takes advantage of all Sphere’s experiential technologies to make you feel like you’re anywhere but Las Vegas.”) But I’m kind of interested in seeing the Sphere itself. I’m also interested in knowing what the seating is like. There’s a huge price difference between different seats in the venue, and I’m not sure whether the high priced seats are worth it.

I’m curious as well. There’s a mini Sphere in the L.A. area as well, which is used for testing shows before Las Vegas.

We saw it when we took my mother on a trip in late August. If you watch assorted videos on You Tube, you can see the amazing things it can display.

According to articles I’ve read, it cost 2.3 billion dollars to build. How long do you think it will take to recoup those costs?

I was in Las Vegas right before it opened, got some cool photos from the parking garage at the Venetian.

I’d suggest social media for more insights. On Facebook, there’s The Sphere Fan Club and Sphere Las Vegas.

On Reddit, there’s r/lasvegas and r/vegas

On Insta, there’s an official page Sphere (@spherevegas) • Instagram photos and videos

I’ll hopefully visit it again soon to go inside and return with my observations

The outside seems like a tough spectacle to beat. The inside must be mind blowing.

Earlier this evening I saw some friends who saw U2 there a few days ago. They said that it was incredible. One of them said that they almost got vertigo. I saw a little phone video one of them took and it looked intricate and almost overwhelming

It seems pretty amazing (I have not been yet):

Golfer getting trolled by The Sphere is pretty great:

Happy Halloween
Facebook

Well, I’ve gone ahead and bought tickets for the Sphere Experience. I haven’t been in Vegas in 5 years, and who knows when I’ll be again, and I had a unbooked evening, so there really wasn’t a reason not to. I’ll let you know how it is.

I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Only saw the sphere in the distance. I did see Ka which was impressive.

Friends of mine were at the second U2 show at the Sphere. Their reaction was similar, with an emphasis on almost. One of them was concerned that it would be too much for her to handle, but she said the immersion was done so well. She’s talking about flying back for another show :rofl:

Anyone climbed it? Why yes…

I’m wondering if the animations on the outside of the thing ever distract a nearby driver enough to cause an accident.

I’m going tonight. Will report back.

My wife and I were in Vegas on Saturday to see the U2 concert. It was, as other people have said, incredible.

My wife and I saw it Wednesday night. Apparently, I’m not a huge U2 fan. They played a lot of songs that were unfamiliar to me. Many I liked, some were just “okay.” However, the optics and experience in general was mind blowing. Amazing experience.

The only thing I didn’t care for (and it’s a minor thing) was the gimmick of vibrating seats. Unless we’re watching the 1974 moving Earthquake, I don’t need my seats to vibrate.

My wife and I saw U2 at the Sphere two weeks ago. We were in the first seating section (the 100s), close enough to the front that our view of the stage and screen was completely unobstructed. U2 always puts on a good show so it would have been great even without the visuals, but the venue takes a great show and turns it into a unique experience that currently can’t be replicated anywhere else.

I consider myself a casual U2 fan and I didn’t recognize every song but they’re all good songs and U2 are great performers so it didn’t matter that I didn’t know this song or that song.

We got there early and walked to all of the seating sections. We were glad we were in the 100s. The 300s and 400s are steeply pitched and very far from the stage. The 200s were decent but the 100s were the most immersive and we could watch the band on stage instead of just seeing them on the screen. The 100s aren’t perfect, however. We were 7 rows from the front. People a few rows behind us had a view obstructed by the overhang of the 200s and they couldn’t see the entire screen. I knew about this before buying tickets and made sure that I got unobstructed seats.

Earlier in the day we walked around outside the Sphere. I was surprised to see how it was constructed, since I had assumed that it was sheathed in some sort of typical display screen. Instead, the outside is a matrix of “pucks” each containing a couple dozen LED lights. The pucks are spaced about 8 inches apart. When you’re very close to it you can’t make out the images at all. You have to be far enough away that the pucks appear to be next to each other to create the illusion.

We were in the 300s and had a great view.

We were in the 200 level and it was an amazing view. The only place I wouldn’t want to be was on the “floor.” It looked terrible. (but the people there seemed to be enjoying it)