Anyone ever live in a caravan?

Like, an RV. Not a trailer home (which, contrary to popular opinion, is not necessarily a trashy residence, but can be as comfortable as an apartment), but basically one room, with some kind of a divider for the sleeping area, and a door on the bathroom?

If so, for how long? And how did you manage?

I had a summer internship while in college and stayed in a 17 foot travel trailer for about a month and a half. I had 2 roommates so it was pretty crowded. We had no airconditioning and it was in San Jose so it got up to 100ºF. I was working graveyard so we managed to sort of sleep in shifts. The trailer park was between a bakery and a metal fabrication shop so you would be enveloped by the sound of huge metal stamping machines at weird hours, but would always have the delicous aroma of freshly baked bread wafting about.

It really wasn’t all that bad, as we knew it was for the short term. We were fairly easy to get along with, and when in college, you are used to some pretty shitty living conditions. We spent a lot of time in bars. I actually sort of look back at those times sort of fondly.

Huh. That doesn’t sound terribly promising. But it may not come to that.

Then again it might!!! You’re gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van down by the river!!!