Anyone ever use Hotwire.com?

I’m trying to book an improptu trip to Paris and I’ve waited a little too long to get the cheapest airfares. The prices I can find on Orbitz and Travelocity are OK, but not as good as they were last week.

Orbitz had a link to Hotwire on their site. Warning, to find fares you must register and they ask for an email address. The prices seem pretty good, but here’s the kicker, you have no idea who they are from until you book the flight. They tell you the dates and number of stops but not the times or the carrier. And here’s the other kicker, the prices are only good for one hour, you must purchase nearly immediately after they offer it to you.

So, anyone ever used this service or one like it?

I have used it a few times. It is a little daunting to “buy blind”, but rest assured, you will not be booked onto JoeBob’s Airline. The flights I booked ended up being thru Continental, Delta and United. You will more than likely be issued an E-ticket, and again, there have been no problems in this area either.

IMHO, it’s a good deal.

I agree with Lyllyan it is a good deal. I use Hotwire exclusively to buy tickets. The thing about the price only being good for an hour really isn’t that big of a deal. Even after it expires you can search for the same flight again and usually you will get the same price or one thats within a few dollars of the original. IMHO there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the info. Have either of you (or anyone else) used it for international flights?