Anyone know some songs about pregnancy?

I’m 10 weeks pregnant now. And I need to sing about it. The only song I know is The Emporer’s New Clothes by Sinead O’Connor:

“You know how it is and how a pregnancy can change you. See plenty of clothes that I like but won’t go anywhere nice for a while. All I want to do is sit here and write it all down and rest for a while.”

Can anyone think of others?

Thanks

“We’re Having a Baby, My Baby and Me,” which Ricky sang to Lucy on that episode where she told him she was expecting Little Rickie.

Congrats, by the way!

[bursts into song]

You’re Having My Baby…what a lovely way of saying how much you love me

Ow!! Hey, quit throwing things at me!

[/bursts into song]

Birthday by Suzanne Vega off of “Nine Objects of Desire” (technically about the actual moment of childbirth)
Eat for Two by 10,000 Maniacs off of “Blind Man’s Zoo” (erm, not an uplifting song though)

U2’s Big Girls Are Best is a weird one.

Ready or Not by Jackson Browne is a good song about pregnancy from the guy’s point of view:

“Baby’s feeling funny in the morning
Says she’s got a lot on her mind
Nature didn’t give her any warning
But she’s feeling better 'bout it all the time”

“If It’s True” by Freedy Johnston, although it’s not a happy song, either.

Look for the soundtrack for the musical ‘Baby’. It’s got rather a lot (as you can guess by the title)

Unborn Heart by Dan Hill.

Overtly in Papa Don’t Preach and obliquely in Makin’ Whoopee

Oh, and this might help… :slight_smile:

“Me and My Baby” from the musical “Chicago” is a nice one. And always fun to sing.

This is kind of a wierd one too but Kate Bush sings a beautiful song called “Room for the Life” on “The Kick Inside” album.

“Two of a Kind, Workin’ on a Full House” sung by Garth Brooks

“Mother” by the Sugarcubes. “You can’t be safer, can’t be more secure/than with a breast in each palm/that’s the way I was born/and that’s the way I want to die.”

Ditto on “Eat for Two” by 10,000 Maniacs, only a bit darker than the Sinead O’Conner one you’re already singing.

“Prodigal Daughter/Cotton Eyed Joe,” by Michelle Shocked, another one that’s rather dark.

“Seen the Doctor,” by Michael Penn. Maybe.

Geez, I hate to admit it, but the first song that came to mind was “All that She Wants” by Ace of Base. That’s so inappropriate!

I guess you could go cheesy, and sing With Arms Wide Open although it’s from the father’s point of view.

“Up The Junction” by Squeeze: a bit more depressing, mind.

Down in Splendor by Straightjacket Fits. Thanks for reminding me of this song.

I thought of “Arms Wide Open,” too, and “Lightning Crashes.”

“It Was an Accident” by NRBQ