anyone watch the charmed reboot ?

We didn’t but ive been reading about it before the premier and it seemed like it was going to be the same show just with more of a Latino mythological bent that and the girls seemed like they were going to be high school aged ,

yall’s thoughts?

no one?

Not sure this one’s going to make it. My wife was a huge fan of the original Charmed series, but has no interest at all in the reboot. Just one data point, but still.

I didn’t even realize that it had came out yet. I just watched the first episode out of curiosity: the show may find its audience, but I don’t think that I’m in it. The return of Murphy Brown was all that saved Charmed from being the least-subtly political new show I’ve seen recently. (It seems that the Time reviewer agrees with me, especially about the hammering home of the Trump remark–they were barely short of all turning to face the audience and saying “Get it? GET IT?”)

Reading that review … the show seems to be very, very cynically crafted. Almost certainly to the show’s detriment.

I enjoyed the first “Charmed”. It was cute, imaginative, and fairly non-controversial fluff. It was an interesting story, until they went nuts after Dougherty left.

This version… damn, it was hard to watch . They smacked you upside the head with their political views, and focused on being “woke” more than on the humor or “sisterhood” message of the original show. I did really enjoy the one sister getting into a more scientific method of dealing with magic and demons, and I’d love to see more of that.

I enjoy two of the actresses from other shows, and I saw the inkling of a better show in this one, so I’m going to give it two more episodes. If their humor doesn’t get better, and their focus doesn’t get into the magical realm, then it might lose me quick.

For TV values of “science.” She looked at a tissue sample through a microscope attachment on her cell phone and visually identifed a “hydrochloric acid compound.” That is pretty much equally accurate science to asking a Magic 8-Ball the answer.

Yeah, I know, it would just be an interesting new take. Kind of like Ponder Stibbons from Discworld finding out newer, simpler ways of magic.