Anyone watching the Tolkien Star Trek rugby sitcom?

(Sorry, there is no Tolkien Star Trek rugby sitcom–I was testing out the fancy new automatic tags.)

And it worked!

As we have very few rugby threads, I’ll eventually clear these tags tomorrow.

BTW: Details on what this is about: **** Forum Rules: PLEASE READ! **** - #14 by What_Exit

You kids, I can’t turn my back on you for five minutes.

While you’re busy feeling cheated, I’m halfway through the first episode of James Tiberius Bombadil, Scrum Half.

It’s hilarious. And you won’t believe who’s playing the nosy old neighbor across the meadow…

George Takei, with Michael Dorn as his husband.

And Wil Wheaton is their son, who loses a toe in a phaser accident in each episode of the first season.

Cool, I can remove the Rugby tag with no issue.
I wasn’t sure if it was going to reapply.

BTW, I put the test post here instead of ATMB because I’m not sure if forum-specific tags work in other forums.

They should work everywhere. I did some testing in the Cornfield or ATMB and they worked.

Ted Bombadil?

I’m disappointed this isn’t real.

I’m just confused.

Why should today be different from any other day?

:slight_smile:

You got me excited for no reason.

I hope your pillow is warm on both sides now!

But there should be!

The first ten, anyway. :thinking:

Yoda: “There is no try.”

try

(rugby) A score in rugby league and rugby union, analogous to a touchdown in American football.

Today I scored my first try.

OK, I’ll bite - the OP specified Star Trek. Which is a shame, as it slightly ruins an excellent joke.

I’d totally watch the show in the OP. Well, provided it was rugby union, less interested if it’s rugby league.

Bard doesn’t know how to be funny. It’s elevator pitch lost me after the title which is kind of funny:

Sure, here is a treatment for a Star Trek rugby sitcom featuring the classic Star Trek cast that includes opponents like the Klingons and is funny:

Title: Star Trek: The Rugbynauts

Logline: The original Star Trek crew form a rugby team to compete against alien opponents from across the galaxy.

ETA: D’oh, missed the Tolkien bit. I’m sure Bard has plenty of gags prepped for that.

Well a Tolkien Roe vs. Wade rugby sitcom would have been just weird.

Our first match features The Mordor Murderers vs. The Star Fleet Primes.

Led by their Captain The Witchking, his 8 black rider forwards and 6 hulking Olog-hais to help him defend.

Against them, what this? They’re arguing over who their captain is. Apparently most of the team is made up of notable Star Fleet captains. OK, finally it appears Young Spock is chosen as their captain. Our sideline reporter, Éowyn reports “he has carefully analyzed the game and has an unbeatable plan”. We shall see.

They take the field, Captain Archer makes the drop kick and Spock seems to be making a call on his communicator. Oh my God! It appears Spock has called down a phaser strike on the Mordor Murderers. The trolls are just gone, the 9 Nazgul are no longer corporal. Well that wasn’t very sporting.