Arcade ,console, PC ,mobile, handheld video games you’ve recently watched, played or are now watching ,playing or have given up on

I figure we could use a new one of these since the last one covered 2020 and the pandemic. And then ran through 2021…as did the pandemic.

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Long delayed and much anticipated. Is it good? Yes. As a single-player game, it is quite good. Is the multiplayer(couch co-op) as good as the original older Lego games? Nope. Gone are the days of sharing a screen. Co-op in this game mainly means having two screens and you each play single-player with a partner. I miss the same screen co-op mode of the originals.

The game is good, but there were indeed levels on the old Lego Star wars games that were superior. The Death Star approach in Episode IV of this game? Lame. The opening battle of Episode III? Not even shown beyond a 2-second clip. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin? Lame-o in this game.

It’s still fun and this does cover episodes 1-9 and the entire game is new, not just the old game cleaned up.

I started with Episode 1 and am playing the movies in chronological order. I’m on Episode V and I do think that Episodes IV and V seem like they have gotten more attention than episodes 1-3.

I’d recommend it if you find it on sale. I paid $59, but I cared enough to do so. I’m on the Nintendo Switch and it looks fine and runs fine. I saw some PS5 footage and it looked a bit better, but graphics are not the critical point of a Lego game.

I have bought Dragon Quest XI on Switch and will begin it sometime in May, though as a teacher, I don’t have any real time until mid-June. I’ve only played Dragon Quest V(on my phone) and Dragon Quest VI(I emulated the SNES version on PC 20 years ago).