Archer (tv show)

I love this show, though I thought the latest one (Ecoterrorist) was one of the weakest episodes. (Absolutely loved the season opener though. Every joke in that one hit the mark for me).

Every single noun and verb in this thread arouses me.

Perhaps analyzing way too deep for this show (which so reminds me of something that should be in the Adult Swim lineup), but is there any ‘in-show’ reason (as opposed to an inside joke/stock images etc) as to why the automobiles in the street level scenes seem to be from the late 1950s (the establishing exterior shot of ISIS HQ scene the show uses seems to have 1970s cars, but they may be just lazily ‘drawn’) - you can readily see this in the 2nd (When Archer’s mother tries to sell ISIS) and 3rd (Baby Seamus) episodes this series.

It’s weird. I watch Archer and Bob’s Burgers (both are great shows). And H. Jon Benjamin does both lead characters in the same voice. But somehow because of the different lines, the voices seem distinct.

H. Jon has such an adenoidal voice that he sounds like a party-hardy frat rat who’s just been awakened from a 2-day drunk.

Not that this isn’t appropriate for Archer, who is funny only because he’s such a pure, idealized douchebag.

The technology on the show really doesn’t make any sense. They have cell phones, but computers look like they are from the 80s. The soviets are still around and people dress like it’s the 60s, except when they don’t. It seems like the creators just use whatever they think looks cool for the atmosphere of the show.

You probably think this because the creators are both seasoned Adult Swim producers who created/wrote a lot of AS shows. The good ones. I don’t know if they’re still on AS, but my guess would be no since every show that’s on it now sucks…and their shows didn’t.

“This must be what it’s like to have sex with me”

This show is too awesome. One of the very few shows on TV I’d watch on a regular basis if I didn’t always forget. :frowning:

it’s fantastic to see archer nation growing. i actually didn’t feverishly like this past episode but that’s probably more a relative thing than anything else. i’m probably still feeling the withdrawals of skytanic from last season.

Before Season 2 started you could watch all of Season 1, now all you can get is two episodes and not even the new ones. My TiVo missed the first two episodes, damn it.

“You blew the drop.”
“I blew jack shit!”
“Name-dropper.”

Just use a website like sidereel that provides megavideo links.

That’s because the Season One episodes had been broadcast a while ago. There’s a thirty day delay before Hulu puts them online so the Season Two episodes should start going up within a couple of weeks.

The two producers - Adam Reed and Matt Thompson - were involved with Sealab 2021, Frisky Dingo, and 12oz Mouse. I don’t know if I’d call that a lot and I don’t know if I’d call those “the good ones”. Archer is, hands down, the best thing they’ve worked on. As far as Adult Swim goes, I’m more of a Venture Brothers/ Home Movies/ Metalocalypse/ Squidbillies/ Superjail fan, so take my opinions as you will.

I love, love, love this show! The dialogue crackles and the voice cast is peerless.

It was great how “wee baby Seamus” kept being put in harm’s way last night: on top of a glass table, on the edge of the bathroom counter, playing with Archer’s straight razor, thrown at the old British veteran, and of course being soothed with a variety of alcoholic beverages.

Woodhouse, the old-as-dirt, long-suffering, oft-put-upon, maybe-gay, occasionally-heroin-addicted butler is just priceless.

“Skytanic,” with the dirigible trip (esp. the sequence of disabling the bomb), is IMHO the best episode by far, but there’ve been a lot of good ones.

Anyone else catch the shoutout to Alien: Resurrection with Dr. Krieger and his row of clone tanks last night?

That’s exactly right. AV Club has an interview with the creator.

He likes the look of the old computers, but cell phones make things easier.

Two of which (Sealab and Frisky Dingo) are my absolute favorite Adult Swim originals. Obiously YMMV, but that at least explains my excitement over saying they did the better AS shows. I guess part of me thought they did more than that…

Edit: I actually thought this weeks episode was a rather weak one. I didn’t laugh as much and it didn’t seem as inane as the others are. But then again the worst Archer is still better than the best of some shows so I’m not totally complaining.

Let’s not forget scalp-hunting.

“That’s a lot of scalps.”

Yeah, I love this week’s episode.

Young Malory Archer was gorgeous. Easily in Lana’s league of cartoon hotness. And yes, that was a great episode. “Fag?”

Also, the latest episode throws out any rational time line. Woodhouse is a WWI vet? He’d have to be about 120 years old.