Are there any black goths?

I’m Hispanic and I was goth. So toss one club going goth for my… er… people. I also knew plenty of black goths, as well as a few other hispanic goths, a couple of indian goths, and a handful of asian goths. the whole goth scene is pretty much equal opportunity.

Come to think of it, I still think of myself as goth, although I’m no longer part of the club scene and I no longer wear the makeup. I still dress in black whenever I can and listen to the music :slight_smile:

Tons of Latino goths in my neck of the woods. But this was in 1986 or so, when I was in HS. I like a lot of “goth” music (Joy Division, Smiths, some Cure, Depeche Mode) but I in no way would wear all black or do weird stuff to my hair, or the pancake makeup…

LOL Goth stateside is one of the most disgusting and useless scenes I’ve ever experienced. All the Elder Things strangled it to death, making sure it didn’t evolve by ridiculing anything that didn’t sound like the music you described above. It’s fitting of course that even culturally it be emblematic of living necrosis. I always kind of hated goths even when I lived among them. :wink:

As for the OP, yes there are many many black goths. They are particularly prominent in what we call ‘ghetto bats’ which is kind of a combo of B-Boy style and Goth that comes out of Brooklyn ghettos. I was shocked when I found out about the ‘vampire scene’ in the Brooklyn projects and saw all these hoody kids running about with porcelain fangs.

Donald Brashear, Georges Laraque, Evander Kane…aww heck, there’s a wiki!

::wondering if it isn’t a bit windy in here:confused:::

…Holy crap, my former roommate might know her too. She’s one of his online friends.

The girl gets around.

… Wait, that didn’t come out right. >_>

Here, there’s an immense crossover between the Goth, rave and trance scenes, mostly because it’s such a small pond.