Are there any songs that reference time travel?

Or mention, y’know, travelling through time, or revisiting one’s past or seeing into the future or time machines or finding one’s true love or… anything like that

Offhand I can’t think of any off-hand, but that’s why I ask the Dope. Lurrrve the Dope.

Cher’s If I Could Turn Back Time.

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survie
they may find…

Dunt dunt dunt dunt

Yesterday.

Time Warp

It’s About Time, It’s About Space,

Huey Lewis and the News “Back in Time”

Fly Like an Eagle by The Steve Miller Band mentions traveling into the future, and the fact that “time keeps on slippin’ into the future”. Seal also did a cover of this song.

Uriah Heep
Traveler In Time

The first half of the Hawkwind song “Spirit of the Age”. Hawkwind being…well…Hawkwind, there’s probably a few dozen other songs they did that reference time travel, but none are coming to mind right now.

Stonehenge

Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man”

“Time in a Bottle,” by Harry Chapin:

And so on. Beautiful song. (Rest of the lyrics are here.)

Bob Welch’s “Future Games” with Fleetwood Mac.

<nitpick>
Jim Croce.

Queen’s '39 is about the time dilation effect, and describes a type of time travel forward in time very movingly.

What Would Brian Boitano do?

Aw man, beat me to it. One of my very favorite Queen songs; a futuristic folk song.

[

](http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric.nsf/'39-lyrics-Queen/E14A8F2CD8B79D01482568940001CCF9)
Took me a few listens, then I was like, “Hey wait a minute–he’s singing about his grandchildren in the past tense, not his grandparents. He’s talking about returning to earth long after his grandchildren have grown old and died.”

(It’s a beautiful lyric; click on the link if you’re not afraid of popups.)

All We Have is Now

Looked in this thread just to see if someone had mentioned it. It’s one of my favorites, and I usually get all misty listening too it. blush