Are there Kegel exercises for men?

In your response to this question you mentioned that by using kegel muscles a female may have better orgasms and perhaps climax. I guess I’m not a very well educated 19 year old, but I was kinda under the impression that having an orgasm is the same as climaxing. What’s the difference?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010928.html

Here’s the line in question:

Women are said to experience easier and more intense orgasms, and some climax, or climax during intercourse, for the first time in their lives.

I think you read it too quickly. For one thing, “Kegel” is the name of the excercise and the doctor who popularlized it. The muscle is called the “pubococcygeus” (PC). Also, the word “perhaps” doesn’t appear in the article at all. But I guess I’m picking nits.

In Cecil’s sentence, the word “orgasm” is functioning as a noun (it’s the actual event), while “climax” is functioning as a verb (the act of having an orgasm).

Let me re-write it in a way that is perhaps more obvious in meaning, although more awkward to read:

Some women are said to experience easier and more intense orgasms. Some have orgasms for the first time in their lives. And some have orgams during intercourse for the first time in their lives.