Are there states where something is uniquely illegal?

They don’t seem to have adopted those measures in any state I’ve been in, but I’m pretty much a Left Coaster and maybe on the other side they’re being a bit more responsible, but I’ve never been anywhere you can’t just slide the handle into a notch to pump on its own and a lot of pumps go really fast so when it spills it spills a bunch. And man, people just can’t seem to get over that fucked up little dance with trying to stop a fast pump on a round number and they go at it like it’s a fucking slot machine that’ll pay off if they get it right. Pretty soon they’re spitting ten cents worth down their paint job (and man, there’s a big difference in how many cars have streaks of messed up paint from spilled gas between Oregon and Washington lol) and trailing a splash all over the ground too.

I was a delivery courier and drove hundreds of miles a day and saw a lot of different gas stations with plenty of time to notice what goes on and how they look. I also spent a couple months posted up at a very busy Portland gas station doing signature gathering and watched how a full serve station operated up close and the people who have to clean the islands and parking lots are the ones who work hard to keep them from getting messed up in the first place. The Oregon way is objectively better–another big advantage is there aren’t any drive offs in a full serve station and fewer people crossing the islands to go back and forth to prepay and get change means fewer of those minor accidents like slip and falls or getting nudged by an inattentive driver.