[QUOTE=Sailboat]
Uh…some vegans adopt that diet because they want to do as little harm to others as possible.
Sailboat
[/QUOTE]
“I’m not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.” ![]()
[QUOTE=Sailboat]
Uh…some vegans adopt that diet because they want to do as little harm to others as possible.
Sailboat
[/QUOTE]
“I’m not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.” ![]()
[QUOTE=gonzomax]
Veggies are evil. Their diet gives them extremely nasty flatulence. I have seen veggies empty rooms at work in a flash. Work productivity would increase if veggies were force fed a burger every now and then.
[/QUOTE]
While a well produced Macrobiotic diet is quite tasty, boy does it make you fart.
Vegetarians are evil because they contribute to Global Warming.
[QUOTE=FRDE]
Soldiers are trained to follow orders.
To a soldier, a huge crowd, armed or unarmed, is a very real threat, and crowds tend to become armed very quickly when they start tearing up roads and walls.
Ever seen a film of soldiers being pulled from cars and literally torn apart ?
It sounds like 50 soldiers fired 1600 rounds, which is 32 rounds per soldier (the other 40 Ghurkas only had kukris). Over 10 minutes we have about 3 shots a minute - or one every 20 seconds. While it improbable that the rate of fire was uniform - it does not sound as if they were blasting away.
[/QUOTE]
Did you even read the article? General Dyer ordered his men to fire at the thickest part of the crowd. They were blasting away.
You reckon? You mean you complete made it up. The soliders didn’t fire over anyone’s head. They fired directly at the crowd, under orders from Dyer. In that Wiki artickle, he’s quoted as saying: “I think it quite possible that I could have dispersed the crowd without firing but they would have come bank again and laughed and I would have made, what I consider, a fool of myself.”
It was a peaceful political demonstration. The only howling was from the people being massacred.
So? Each soldier killed only 8 people? That means what?
No, reading the Wiki article, it’s clear that there were other incidences of violence in the area. The Wiki article does not link anyone at this gathering to the other acts of violencce.
This is beyond the pale. Dyer admitted he had a choice in the matter!
Good thing we don’t have to judge them from our own context. We have the Hunter Commission inquiry, made up of Indians and British, which investigated the massacre when it happend. We have the censure from the British parliament and statements from both Indian and British politicians.
I really can’t fathom the morality of someone who defends the massacre of unarmed men, women, and children. I look forward to your defense of the Rape of Nanking and the Trail of Tears. :rolleyes:
In my last post, the word “bank” in Dyer’s quote should be “back.”
Well, since the crowd had demonstrated what it could do on the 10th, one could safely assume that Dyer and his Sepoys anticipated a repeat performance.
Assuming that all the casualties were due to bullets (which we know is not true) then his men managed to achieve a remarkably low rate of fire.
I suppose you’ll now bring up Tianneman Square, which was badly handled, but imagine how the USA would have reacted to people building a statue in Times Square or the UK to people doing the same in Trafalgar Square ? They would have sent in riot police and water cannon.
Crowds are dangerous enough when they are not protesting (or cranking up for a riot).
[QUOTE=FRDE]
@BrightNShiny
Well, since the crowd had demonstrated what it could do on the 10th, one could safely assume that Dyer and his Sepoys anticipated a repeat performance.
Assuming that all the casualties were due to bullets (which we know is not true) then his men managed to achieve a remarkably low rate of fire.
I suppose you’ll now bring up Tianneman Square, which was badly handled, but imagine how the USA would have reacted to people building a statue in Times Square or the UK to people doing the same in Trafalgar Square ? They would have sent in riot police and water cannon.
Crowds are dangerous enough when they are not protesting (or cranking up for a riot).
[/QUOTE]
More made up nonsense, huh? Rather than hijack this thread some more, why don’t you meet me in the pit