Are You A Dunker?

This morning, while fixing myself a cup of coffee, I found myself staring at the remnants of a loaf of french bread we had with dinner earlier this week.

“Self,” I sez, “you need to do something with that bread before it gets inedible. You need to do it today.”

“Nah, who am I kidding,” I said back, “It’s Saturday, yer gonna mosey on over to Ma’n’Pa’s sometime this afternoon or evening to use the big ‘puter to do yer taxes and that’s it, quit lying to yourself. Just cut that thing in half and slap some butter on it and eat it for breakfast.”

So that was breakfast and as I ate, I started dunking it in my coffee. I almost did it without thinking.

So, do you dunk food in your drink, and if so what?

I love to dunk. Biscotti is the best, graham crackers and other cookies are also good.

I love dipping bread is tomato sauce. But I also dunk stale bread or toast in tea or coffee sometimes.

No. Only ginger snaps because they are too hard to bite.

Can’t say that I am a dunker, but I am an occasional sopper. That is, I will sop up the last of, say, beef stew with a hunk of some good bread. Or, like @What_Exit , I like to sop up the last of the pasta sauce with a piece of garlic bread.

I almost never drink coffee, so not that.

Oreos in milk is my only dunk. Maybe sometimes chocolate chip cookies.

Occasionally I dunk a stroopwaffel into hot coffee. Otherwise I’m a fan of sopping up sauces with bread.

Well, if you’re going to count mopping as dunking, I mop up sauce from any Indian dish with my naan.

Constantly, I’m a dunker from way back.

I haven’t dunked since I was a kid. My favorite was butter sandwiched between two graham crackers dunked in hot chocolate.

That’s the biggest thing I miss since giving up bread.

I dunk Milk Chocolate in Bourbon.

I’m surprised I’m the first one to mention dunking a grilled cheese sandwich in tomato soup.

I don’t dunk in drinks (although I have a few times) because I don’t like getting crumbs in my drinks. I’m definitely a mopper/sopper. I’m always disappointed if I go to a restaurant, and they don’t have any bread, and the sauce is especially delicious. I have not licked my plate in a restaurant!

Cornbread in stew, garlic bread in pasta sauce. Otherwise, no, as it’s pagan behavior. Good day, sir!

Twinkies are great after being dunked in coffee. Virtually inedible to me, otherwise.

Nope. I would occasionally dunk my toast in hot chocolate when I was a little kid but now the thought of dunking kinda grosses me out.

The only food I’ll regularly dunk in my coffee is shortbread cookies.

No. I don’t like getting crumbs in my drinks.

In coffee, only biscotti, since they’re too hard to bite otherwise. When I still drank milk occasionally, if I had chocolate chip cookies, I’d sometimes drink them in milk. Otherwise, it’s all bread products mopping up sauces or soups, as God intended.

If you ever change your mind about that, ask the server to bring you a privacy screen (I presume that you’re NOT a barbarian).

ETA: I dunk my sushi in a slurry of soy sauce and what we’ve agreed to pretend is wasabi.