Are you a stander or a sitter? [TMI]

We had a cat who would unroll the TP if it was oriented forward, and just shred the whole damn roll if it was oriented backward. Finally we had to keep the bathroom door closed at all times.

As for the question, I too am a one-cheek-leaner.

Well, you don’t… it sorta takes care of itself.

Sitter all the way.

Maybe it’s a male/femlae thing?

Holy crap. I didn’t even know people wiped while sitting. It never even occurred to me that it was possible to do it this way. I’m a stander, obviously.

Precisely.

Only communists and Maple Leaf fans wipe while standing.

Naw, you use your left hand to spread one cheek while standing, and give a good wipe with the right. You get a nice deep wipe this way.

Then what do you hold your book with?

You put it down, of course. Then again, I’m not one of those sit-and-read-while-you-shit people. How long do you guys take? I usually evacuate my bowels within a minute or two, hardly enough time to enjoy any literature.

You have to look at it the other way… the dump is secodary :smiley:

In other words, damp shorts. Perhaps this is why the custom tends to be found only in warm climates. :smiley:

I’m a sitter now, a reformed stander. Standing worked but I’d sometimes smoosh the mess around as I stood up. Sitting never crushes the klingons.

I also like to blow my nose on a clean piece of TP, fold it so the snot is wrapped up, and use this for the first wipe. It gives a warm cushy sensation I can’t get any other way. Like wiping with a heated gell pack.

Heh… Seriously though, the dampness isn’t much of an issue since it’s only the crack-al area that’s wet. I don’t even notice the dampness…