Are you different IRL than you are online?

No

I’m in the same boat as the OP. It’s a lot easier for me to express myself here online than it is IRL.

This is a tough question, which means it’s a good one. It’s really hard to know how you come across at all, in person or online.

My guess is that IRL I come across as either much quieter or much looser than online, depending on the company and my comfort level. (Life-long battle w/ shyness.) I’m a lot jazzier and colloquial IRL, mainly because it’s hard, at least for me, to know how written words will be taken. In person, I can gauge reactions, etc.

So probably I come across as a lot more formal here than I am in person. Probably. Actually, I have no idea.

At a loss,
Veb

:::wide eyed…mouth open:::::

Actually, IRL, I come off as sounding more intelligent…well, would you beleive witty at least? and I know when to keep my mouth shut 75% of the time. VR, my fingers have a mind of their own and my brain is kept in a glass on the desk. Oh, in VR, I’m taller.

I don’t think it is necessarily a bad thing to be different online than off. I mean, it’s not right to purposely decieve people, but simply to present yourself in another fashion is natural. In truth, I am much more confident and extraverted IRL. I suppose the reason I am more quiet (in the sense I lurk a great deal) on the MB is that it is hard to determine how a post may be percieved.

I am far more aggressive and outgoing IRL, and worlds more opinionated. I don’t do that online because it is so easy to be misunderstood (or worse, understood perfectly well…) I flatter myself that I seem much more reasonable and levelheaded online than I ever seem offline.

Catrandom

I think online i’m more open, and a bit more impatient than IRL. I think i’m funnier OL than IRL, because i can’t seem to get that funny line out as fast IRL. However, IRL my sarcasm shows more (I get it from both of my parents). I’m a bit quieter IRL i think.