Are you supposed to wear socks with cowboy boots?

I don’t get it. Did two pairs of socks make his feet smell bad? :confused:

With Cowboy boots, yes. But not with Uggs, maybe that’s what you’re thinking of? :confused:

Jeez, I can’t imagine NOT wearing socks with mine. I wear simple cotton socks, white.

For the love of your feet, wear socks! Boots without socks get smelly. Feet get blistered and bloddy. And it can be really difficult to pull boots off of sweaty legs!

Wool or coolmax socks are my favorites, depending on weather. Do find a pair with enough elastic to stay up (socks wadded up on your feet feel nasty).

Now Hon,iffin' yer wearing kaboy boots,ya jus' wear what ya want!

Sans braggadocio,a good pair of boots won’t rip your feet up without socks.They should feel good the first time you put them on and just get better.I’m talkin’ boots that start at $250,with authentic Western sole.
When you try the boots on,wear whatever sock you’d wear for the boots purpose,I wear white cotton mid weight socks to work in,but a thin synthetic for dress boots,mainly to ease removal of the boot.

I don’t, nor would I ever wear cowboy boots, but I do wear harness boots from time to time. One of those times was for a quick trip to the grocery store. I was lounging barefoot in the house and just decided to throw the boots on without going upstairs for socks first. I was only gone for maybe 15 minutes, but it took me weeks to get the smell out of those damned boots. Always, always wear socks with your boots.

True, wicking is GOOOOD. :cool:

Just remember that the socks go on the* inside!* :wink:

Make sure you wear the same weight sock to try on the boots that you will be wearing with the boots most often. It will really make a difference in the way the boot fits. I recommend a medium-weight wool or cotton.

I got some super-cute boots, and as far as I understand they fit well but need some breaking in. I got these. Wearing socks with.

Tights are good, too. (When wearing a skirt.)

Stockings or Panty hose might be a bit too flimsy. Especially if they’re made of net or lace…

Unless you wear quarter-socks over the hose or stockings…

…no, you may NOT ask me how I know this…

That’s what I gathered. I’ve since wiki’ed him and found a completely different explanation. So that’s what you get for taking a rock guitarist’s word as gospel.

Most pull-on boots result in your heal lifting a bit with each step. This tends to work tube socks down, and you end up with it bunched around your instep. So avoid tube socks with cowboy boots. Otherwise, what everybody else says.

If you’re going to spend the money for good boots,get a pair that don’t allow that bit of movement.They should feel like part of your foot.Pretty much means you need a boot jack or innocent bystander to get 'em off.

The only time I’ve known somebody to wear cowboy boots without socks, she also wasn’t wearing anything else. Kind of a special occasion.

I dont know about the socks but aren’t you supposed to wear some sort of a mask to prevent future embarrassment in case somebody who knows you sees you wearing them?

I have three pairs of cowboy boots, and I wear them a lot with skirts. So, I end up wearing tights AND a pair of socks overtop…except with the fancier “cowgirl” boots, which honestly are just dress boots gussied up to look like cowboy boots.

I wear Smartwool with my Frye boots. And thinnish good cotton socks with my Tony Lamas black boots, which are tight to begin with.