Arg! I just can't believe this. . . python and children.

Ok here’s the story. But I’ll cut and paste it for those who don’t want to click there.

Moderator’s Notes: I’m sorry, you’re gonna have to click the link anyway. I’ve removed the bulk of the copyrighted article from this post and replaced it with the copyright notice from the Star Tribune’s website. Please do not post copyrighted work on the SDMB. The Straight Dope and the Chicago Reader take copyright infringments very seriously. As should be expected of any enterprise which relies heavily on that body of law.

Mom gets prison for getting drunk and leaving kids alone with python
Scripps Howard News Service
Thursday, February 22, 2001
CINCINNATI – For leaving her children alone with a 10-foot snake while she was getting drunk, Lynette Hudson will spend 17 months behind bars.

Ahhhhhh! How does this kind of stuff happen? How can people do this kind of things? I’m starting to get a little weary of the news because sick shit is always happening. Everytime I read an article like this I renew my vow not to have children - I don’t want them running around in this crappy world (full of pythons and bars.) I guess I really don’t want them to get hurt more than anything.

My insides keep screaming, “What the hell is going on in this world?” because I can’t reconcile things in my mind anymore.

Sorry, I guess this might not belong in the Pit, but I am truely upset, I’m just too enraged to express all my angst.

[Edited by UncleBeer on 02-22-2001 at 03:02 PM]

These kids don’t need her, I suspect these kids need therapy.

Sheesh! I clicked on this thread hoping to have a rant about teenagers never having heard of “The Dead Parrot Sketch”. Kids today! :smiley: