Ask the crappy eater!

Are you still getting sick a lot?

Nope. And other things have seemed to sort of sort themselves out, so go figure.

Apparently eating crap is actually good for you…

:smiley:

Well, shit, for a moment you had my hopes up-- I thought that I might have found someone with a less-healthy lifestyle than mine.

I, too, eat crappy, crappy food. My poison is fat and grease. I don’t really like sweet foods (haven’t eaten cake or pie in at least a decade.) Give me some potato chips or fried anything.

I hate to cook, so I eat fast food, or pizza or microwave dinners for most of my meals. I only eat once a day, unless you count a handful of Cheez-Its before work on occasion. When I do eat, I eat quite a lot, so don’t think I have an eating disorder or anything. (I put away half of a large pizza tonight.) I just don’t like to eat in the morning because it makes me nauseated and it just doesn’t seem to be worth the bother to make lunch before I go to work. There are chips and stuff in the office in case I get hungry, but I rarely partake.

I never drink water. Don’t like the taste, or more accurately, lack therof. (Nor do I like flavored water, before you suggest it.) 99% of the liquid I consume is in the form of iced tea and the other one percent is an occasional Coke.

I don’t exercise. I do a lot of walking at work, but that’s about it. Various health issues make exercise unappealing, but I’ve got to admit, even if I were 100% healthy, I still wouldn’t want to do it. I wouldn’t run unless someone was chasing me and I’m not flexible enough for yoga.

Oh, and I smoke.

I actually love to cook - I just don’t really like to eat. I often have people over for elaborate meals that I prepair, and then eat almost nothing. I just tell people that I filled up while cooking. And yes, I realize that is a symptom of an eating disorder. However, my weight is pretty stable and I don’t have body image issues, so as far as I’m concerned, I’m in the clear (and I actually know quite a bit about this particular topic).

If I ever get married (meet a man that would consent to marrying me?) - it will be an odd combo - the fella would probably be 50 lbs overweight from all my cooking, and I’d still be eating Cheetos for dinner.

1. I would like third party attestation to this:
  1. Hi Opal!

2. How YOU doin’? *

*alice_in_wonderland, that is, not OpalCat, although I’m sure she’s lovely too.

Eat your own weight in cotton candy? That’s nothing. I once drank a litre of pop machine syrup in one chug for the Euro equivilant of CAD$18.25. I held it down for an hour as per the bet, and then promptly vomited the whole thing back up into the toilet. I could have sworn that the vomited up syrup was glow-in-the-dark fluorescent orange and quite pretty, perhaps due to some reaction with my stomach acid. Although I may have just been delerious from drinking the equivilant of 8 litres of Orange Crush in 30 seconds.

How much do you weigh then? If you don’t like that question then would you be comfortable telling us your BMI? It should not be too high, since you don’t eat that much.

Have you found that eating nothing but sweets makes you very lazy throughout the day?

Do you like energy drinks? How about gummy bears?

I used to have a bad addiction to all things filled with sugar. What made me stop was that it was making me to tired and lazy. It had nothing to do with weight problems because even with all that sugar, I still did not consume enough calories throughout the day to gain any weight.

If I could get away with being lazy for the rest of my life I would definitely choose a short and sugary life over a long and healthy one.

Just a small nit-pick here. That should have read:

1. I would like third party attestation to this:

2. How YOU doin’? *

3. Hi Opal!

This set of sentences is what really puzzles me.

Eating like you do, i don’t know how you stay upright when you run, do yoga, etc., etc.

I jog about 20-30 miles (5 miles, 4-6 times) per week, usually in the late afternoons, and play softball a couple of times a week, and if i don’t eat a decent breakfast and lunch, i run out of energy during my exercise.

Don’t get me wrong, i love sugar and chocolate and fried food, and similar awful and tasty treats. But if i’m going to be doing strenuous exercise, i really need to eat decent meals.

Do you ever find yourself getting faint or weak, or feeling a total loss of energy during your exercise routines?

I used to eat crappy food. But, diabetes put a stop to that! I’ve been eating healthy for the past 8 months, dropped 40+ lbs, and I STILL crave junkfood. Next, I’m going to try to stop smoking…again. This should become quite interesting.

I find myself getting faint and week in the afternoon, regardless of exercise. :slight_smile:

Generally, I run do yoga/pilates etc in the AM - I think because I usually eat more to the PM there might be some energy left over. I do notice if I eat a particularly crappy dinner - like cheetos and 2 table spoons of chocolate chip cookie dough, I will start dragging my ass during the run.

Last time I checked I weighed about 140 I think which gives me a BMI of about 20 or 21 I think (I’m 5’8").

I wear a US size 4 or 6.

Body issues do not compell me to eat like a fool. I actually really like my body.

kawaiitentaclebeast - I was with you untill you said you puked the syrup up - you’re a total light weight. I have been known to drink PURE MAPLE SYRUP directly out of the bottle, just 'cus it’s, ya know, yummy. No bet. No $20. No friends looking on. Just me, and a half a litre of syrup enjoying Sex in the City.

Yay! A club for me!

I never eat breakfast, except on the weekends, and that is usually just a bowl of hot cereal or pancakes. Which is actually pretty healthy.
I only eat lunch one out of every three days, and it’s usually Wendy’s. Yay junior bacon cheeseburgers! But almost always, my lunch is a single cigarette.
For dinner most nights I eat a frozen dinner (the Banquet $1 fried chicken meals) or eat out with my boyfriend. Sometimes I swap the frozen dinner with macaroni and cheese and Spam, but not usually. People ask–doesn’t it get boring? No, it doesn’t. It’s comforting.
I don’t eat fresh fruit or vegetables (except for corn, tomatoes, and onions, and the last two are garnishes only) ever. At all. No salads, no fruit cocktail, nada.
I only drink milk (outside of the hot cereal form) once a month or so. However, when I do I can drink a half gallon in one sitting.
When I am at home, I always have a cup of Mountain Dew in hand. I can go through a liter and a half of it a day without thinking.

However, I also drink at least a liter of water a day (chug it all day long at work) and I walk almost everywhere, so I guess it balances out? I also don’t like sweets, preferring meaty and savory foods. I am actually a really healthy weight for my height and frame. When I eat three meals a day I feel like a pig. I don’t know how people do that!

I usually do wind up feeling faint around six if I haven’t eaten lunch, but I don’t sweat it. I’ll be dead by fifty.

Yes, but Alice gets to be president, merely on the strength of that syrup story.

If you don’t think I eat crap, check my username. :slight_smile: Actually, I think my diet is a lot better than that of some of the previous posters, but it’s not good. I read a lot of books about nutrition and food production, then I walk through the grocery store thinking, “Okay, I can’t eat meat, the animals have such horrific lives and ugly deaths. Okay, I can’t eat this, it’s way too processed. I can’t eat this, it’s practically made of sugar! Not this either, because it’s not whole grain. I can’t buy this, because it’s drenched in pesticides.”

At the end of the walk, I haven’t bought any food and I have to start over. So I go back and buy the usual stuff the family likes to eat…all the stuff I passed up the first time…and I think, “Maybe I’ll have it figured out by next week.” Then I add some fruit and salad greens, which I will allow to rot before I throw them out.

Haven’t they invented People Chow yet?

Yeah. If someone is going to continue to beat that dead horse into pulp*, might as well do it right.

*please stop.

In Britain, you’d be considered a trend setter.

We were separated at birth, weren’t we?

I knew I was ahead of my time.

Missy - just think, we could get hook up, cook elaborate meals and eat nothing together!

That sound’s SUPER fun. :smiley:

Snork

Ginger Ale up nose…

BWAHAHAHAHAHA :smiley:

Do you use chocolate milk instead of regular when eating your sugared cereals?

Instead of chewing gum, do you chew bacon?
When eating a sandwich, do you use pop-tarts instead of bread?

If you dropped the “py” from “crappy eater”, I would have LOTS of questions :slight_smile:

Don’t eat bacon. Do eat poptarts, but I’d never put something nutritious like sandwich fillings on them.

Don’t eat actual crap. Hell, I barely eat actual FOOD!