Assuming Things Are Not The Way They Are Would You Believe That They Are The Way They Aren't

I might have a bit of a hard time. Have you been listening to Weird Al?

…and then I divide by zero. Right?

I find the entire field of botany to be exactly like that. Tomatoes are berries, strawberries aren’t, and cucumbers are scientifically defined to be yellow fruits.

Maybe. If things weren’t the way they are, I’d have good empirical evidence that they aren’t the way they are, so I would believe that they aren’t the way they are. If, however, I didn’t know that things weren’t the way they are, then I’d believe that they aren’t the way they are.

Duh.

Any other questions?

When will the trains meet in Des Moines? prepares to take notes

Which trains? The ones that are the way they weren’t, or the ones that weren’t the way they are? Or the ones that always were the way they are, or never were the way they weren’t?

And where’s the other dollar?

It’s more like the scene from that movie. Remember? There was that song. And that guy, you know, he did that thing- with the stuff, and he was in it just after that other one he did with what’s-her-name. Remember her? Yeah, she was in that tv show, the one with the other song that should have been a hit but wasn’t. I miss the dog.

What’s the difference between a duck?

Don’t ask me how I know this, but, you shouldn’t ever with a fox. Unless it’s Schrodinger’s foxbox.

Neither one can whistle.

And everyone in this thread is caught in a landslide with no escape from the reality that this thread actually exists.

Well you never know what will happen but it just did.

You have to believe that surely.