Attention techies: Write in the style of "Uncleftish Beholding"

What is “Uncleftish Beholding”? It is a tale of the worldken of unclefts, written in true English, English unmingled with words from the Greeks, Romans, or Arabs. Here, for a showdeal, is a bit of the first “Uncleftish Beholding”, by the worldken-talespinner Poul Anderson:

What I put forward is that you take a writing from your field of worldken or strengthwork, and put it across into Anderson’s Anglo-Saxon. Since I’m a speechkenner, here’s a showdeal from a book I had to buy for my Meeting with Tongues learning last year:

-From Today’s Speech-Upbreaking (Contemporary Linguistic Analysis), third uttering, by O’Grady and Dobrovolsky.

I had bethought myself of speaking to Hatespeaking of Sameliking, a mankenning close to your liver, but I wot it more seemly for Big Wranglings than for Worldish Selfspeaking Things, where you wrote your Firstly Upwriting.

Manyseeds, such mankennings are wholly meet in this Firstly Upwriting. I pray you think again and write it here. I don’t think they like writings in Anglo-Saxon in Big Wranglings. And, as you point out, samelover-hatred is a mankenning about which I cannot speak or hear enough. Besides, I wot the other seiðen on the board would love to hear what you have to say (especially my sweet Geist and others of our ilk).

Knave! You have overwrought me with your dare. Much time I have spent on this sillywork, and yet I still suck.

>From SQL Deeddoingworker Worldkenbearing Book (Sybase Worldkengroundwork Salething)

Othershapes

Shapebits do not always have an unshifting shape. The shapebit used to tell of looseness in English, for showdeal, has two shapes: a and an.

The shape a is used before words beginning with a withsound and the shape an before words beginning with a callrune. The manifold shapes of a shapebit are called othershapes.

Another example of othershapely shifting is found in the utterway of the morely shapebit -s in the following words: cats, dogs, fishes.

Whereas the morely is uttered as /s/ in the first deal, it is thingmade as /z/ in the next, and /@z/ in the third. Here again, picking out of the meet othershape hinges on ringkenly facts. We will look at thinner threads of this happening in bookpart 6.

Beginning learners can be puzzled by the shifts in spelling that happen in some shapewise layouts even when there is no likewise shift in utterway. Thus, the last e in the word ride is lost when it comes together with a shapebit beginning with a callrune (rid-ing). It goes without saying that these spelling shifts do not do anything to the self of a shapebit, and should simply be left aside when doing shapekenly upbreaking.

1.2 Showing Word Framework

So as to show the inward framework of words, one has not only to name each of the shapebits that make them up but also to split up these threads by what they give to the meaning and work of the bigger word.

Roots and Onjoinings

Togetherknit words most often are made up of a root and one or more onjoinings. The root shapebit makes up the heart of the wordand carries the biggest chunk of its meaning. Roots most often belong to a wordbookly ilk - name (N), saying (V), onthrown (A), or forestead §. These ilks will be talked about in thinner threads in bookpart 5, bit 1.1. For now it is enough to see that names most often talk about true and make-believe “things” while sayings most often mean doings, onthrowns most often name ways of being, and foresteads show stead-kinships. Mostly, names can be with the (the cow), sayings with will (will go), and onthrowns with mighty (mighty kind).

Unlike roots, onjoinings do not belong to a wordbookly ilk, and are always bound shapebits. A straightforward showing of this split is found in the word teacher, which is made up of the root “teach” and the onjoining “-er”, a bound shapebit that mingles with the root and gives a name with the meaning “one who teaches”. The inward framework of this word can be shown in a drawing.

These drawings, which are often called tree frameworks, show the threads of a word’s inward layout. Where these threads are of no bearing to what is being thought about, it is the folkway to use a much easier way of showing that gives out only where the shapebit edges are: un-kind, like-ly, and so on.

(same wellspring as the earlier onsticking)

From time to time, wights are hurt in sundry steads in their brains. The most oft maker of such brain wounds is a stroke (also called a brain-bloodhose happening). A speech loss brought on by a wound in the brain is called speechlessness. The kenning of speechlessness is by far the mightiest tool in looking into speechfulness in the brain. By looking at and writing down the kinds of speechless-togetherhappenings, brainspeechkenners may most easily name off the biggest upmakers of speechfulness in the brain.

For the most part, the tally and ilk of speechless brawl that a wounded wight will show hangs on how much the brain is wounded and where it is wounded. There are many ilks of speechlessness…

Unstreaming speechlessness (also called going speechlessness) comes from wounds to steads in the brain forward of the middle wrinkle. Bear in mind that a big part of the forward lump deals with going and that the bottom rear stead of the forward lump (Broca’s stead) deals with the bending of speech. Not startlingly, therefore, unstreaming wounded folk show slow, hard speechmaking (hence the word unstreaming). The harshest kind of unstreaming speechlessness is worldly speechlessness. In this type of speechlessness, the wounded wight is wholly dumb. Of the less harsh shapes, Broca’s speechlessness is the most worthy of learning.

The speech of Broca’s speechless ones is mighty stopping. Wounded folk find it mighty hard in rightly making the ringbits needed to say a word. For showdeal, a wounded who wishes to make the saying in 1a) would be likely to make the uttering in 1b).

1a) It’s hard to eat with a spoon.
1b) /… har…it…wIt…pun/

The outtaking dots (…) between the words in 1b) show times of stillness in the making of the uttering. Sayings made at this slow speed are likely to lack wonted saying pitchmaking. This is a wonted likeness of the speech of Broca’s speechless ones and is called wrongsagaing. Note how the wounded one makes the withringing bunches easier in the words “hard” and “spoon” and changes the /T/ to /t/ in the word “with”. The speech mistakes that come out of these kinds of ringbitly mistakes are called ringbitly halfspeakings.