Attn

No, there are many many people your age who feel this way.
They’re wrong too.

No Disguise, You are scum compared to me.
Sorry.

Oh god, not another one…

No Disguise, we get this kind of post from a newbie every six weeks or so. Be advised: you’re not anything we haven’t seen before. We don’t benefit from your presence, and we won’t miss you when you leave.

Aww c’mon, give the guy a break. Some of our most celebrated posters come off like cocky bastards sometimes. Good luck, No Disguise.

I totally agree jjimm, a high IQ doesn’t automatically mean a high EQ or LQ (emotional quotient, or life quotient).

In fact, in my experience it’s usually the opposite, people whom Iv’e known with a high IQ generally have an overall hard time dealing with reality in a very effective, or beneficial (to themselves or others) way. In fact the higher the IQ, the harder time they seem to have with just plain old life experiences.

I too feel a bit sorry for people like this, they’re missing out on life’s best and sweetest offerings.

Attn.

I = Gns. Smrt. Tly a fsntng prs. Too gd fr ths thrd.

KTHXBYE

quote:

Originally posted by No Disguise
I’m only 20. … I guess I am one of the very few who feel this way?

OooooOOOOh, TWENTY!!! Sheesh I missed that the first time around.

No wonder.

hahahahaha

REALLY!? you don’t benefit from my presence? Are you really not going to miss me when I leave (assuming I do) :(:(:(:(:(:frowning:

Well, it’s nice to know that since you guys get posts similar to this all the time, I guess I’m not the only one. weeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I posted to ask if anyone felt how I do, not for your target practice. That’s ok though. I’m glad I could be of service, and I look forward to any opportunities I have return the favor!

No Disguise-yes, lots of people think like you do. I would even say most people think or thought like you do at your age, if not all. I know I sure did.

I’m not qualified to psychoanalyze you, and wouldn’t want to if I was, but I think you might be talking about what is known as a “personal fable”, a belief common among adolescents and young adults that you are unique and unlike everyone else in every way. It’s an intoxicating period of life, and the wild potentials in front of you help to convince you that you are “unique among the unique” as it were. It’s perfectly natural, but can be a dangerous way to think if it leads to unhealthy risk-taking behavior in the belief that the rules that apply to others don’t apply to you. As we grow older, ideally we come to realize that other people have their own unique perspectives as well, and we have more in common with those around us than we might have realized. What makes us special might be different from what we originally thought it was.

So, no potshots from me. I’m sure you are a very intelligent and attractive person, but don’t feel that you have to be the most intelligent and attractive person on the Earth. Being in the top five or ten is good enough. :wink: