Automatic timeout?

MadPansy64’s suggestion seems to be working for me. XP with IE7. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’ve been logged in on two different machines (one XP, one Vista) ever since the board came back up after the upgrade. I have never been auto-logged out.

Firefox 3 on both machines.

You understood my babbling – Wow! Thank you for your patience and insight!

Would you mind translating it into coherent language for everyone else, please? If it isn’t too much trouble?

It seems to happen whenever I want to post,if I’m quoting a previous post I have to log in again but retain the post,if I’m not quoting I just lose my post and still have to log in again.

I also clear my cookies every time I log out.

So is the "save-my whatcha. . . " box the box that says Remember me? next to the sign in box when I log in? Are you saying that since that box is not checked as the default that it has to be checked when you log in or it logs you out periodically?

Certainly. It’s the “remember me” box. Now I’ll check to see if it works after quoting another post.

Edited to add, it worked after quoting. I’m not logged out. yippee.

Seems to be working for me too.

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say. I couldn’t remember that is is labelled “remember me.”

Here’s what I have figured out.

If I log into the board with IE7 or Google’s Chrome, I don’t time out at all.

If I log into the board with Firefox, Netscape, K-Meleon or any other Mozilla based browser, I time out very quickly

If I log into IE7 and THEN log into Firefox or any other Mozilla based browser I DON’T time out.

If I clear the cookies from IE7 then Firefox and the other Mozilla based browsers time out.

So this appears to be some glitch in browsers that use Mozilla as their base, Like Firefox, Netscape and K-Meleon which all use Mozilla.

Although I don’t understand why a cookie in IE7 would in anyway effect a mozilla browser

Hmmmm

I’m using Vista as my OS btw

I cleared my cookies, and then removed the SD from authorized sites for cookies in my internet protection software.

Then I signed in again to the SD, selected the ‘Remember Me’ box and clicked Log In.

I removed the old SD link in my Favorites menu, and replaced it with the new logged in SD address, just in case.

So far, so good!

Running XP with IE6.

I didn’t clear cookies or take any other action other than check the “Remember Me” box when I logged in. I’m still logged in after several hours. I can live with this.