I have not seen it, so I can’t judge, but winning an Oscar is nothing to sneeze at.
Personally, I thought she deserved it. Very strong performance.
I liked Brie Larson in Lessons In Chemistry too.
And on The Bear. Her guest turn as the famous Francie Fak was hilarious.
I completely forgot about that. You’re right. She was great.
Yeah. Marvel did focus groups and found out that a lot of the potential audience knew so little about Iron Man that they thought he was a robot.
https://www.cbr.com/quesada-reveals-deadpool-directors-role-in-making-iron-man-film/
Quesada explained that Marvel conducted focus group research in the early stages of producing the first “Iron Man” feature film, and that the research showed there were serious “awareness issues with the character, especially amongst kids.” Kids didn’t know who Iron Man was and “had no interest in him because they thought he was a robot.” Interest increased noticeably when kids found out there was a person in the armor, which helped Marvel devise a plan to build awareness ahead of the movie’s release.
Iron Man was well-known among comics fans, certainly, but that’s not the same as the general public awareness that Spiderman, Batman and Superman had (and which Iron Man now has).
Rumors, and I mean very thinly evidence rumors, have begun to swirl around that Secret Wars will be split into two films, part 1 in 2027 and the other…an entire year later in 2028.
I first heard about that here.
Does that mean they are releasing new Avengers movies every year for three years straight? That sounds ridiculously ambitious.
I enjoyed the movie but the best part about the movie was RDJ, and not necessarily how awesome Iron Man was as a concept. Brilliant casting but not a sign that MCU could make any random back catalog character into a cinematic winner.
Maybe a sign that they could make any random back catalog character into a winner, with the right casting.
Challenge accepted. Who could you cast that could even remotely make Jubilee a winner these days, without so totally rewriting her powers and character as to be unrecognizable? ![]()
I always liked Jubilee in the cartoons.
Helen Mirren. I have no idea how she’d do it, but I’ll bet she could.
I sit corrected.
Looks like the name “Trinity Bliss” has been suggested for Jubilee casting.
I could see that. The character powers need tweaking if they don’t want her to come off like a female Gambit.
Dear Kevin Feige…
I think Jubilee has a dragon and is a vampire this days.
I thought Tilda Swinton was Marvel’s go-to actress for playing Asian characters.
Wait, I thought Jubilee was Cajun? Or am I getting her mixed up with a different X-Man?