Awful shows that you can't stop watching

V (the new series.) Alien lizards in human skin. And the human skin gives the ruthless reptiles emotions somehow. Aliens have all this technology but can’t locate those fighting against them. You never see a soldier, diplomat, mayor, president, a politician of any sort, yet there are V ships over major cites throughout the world. And they are allowed to build healing centers for the humans, hover their ships low over the cities, and have humans live on board their ships. Highly improbable plans succeed. Easy leaps of logic aren’t taken. And Anna (leader of the V’s) is searching for the human soul to eradicate it. That can’t end well.

At least they keep the pace up, the plot isn’t slow.

Bones. I can’t stand the lead actor and I’m never involved in the storylines. It’s just so much same old same old. But yet I keep watching it with my husband, although I’m pretty sure he feels the same way about it as I do.

Wrestling.

Glee. It’s really such a bad show, the acting is over the top, the storylines are stupid and completely unrealistic, and yet there is something about it that makes me have to watch every episode.

When I saw the OP from the outside, I came here to say V. I wont even go into justifying how bad it is, as anyone that has watched the show knows.
And if you’ve watched it, you already know you kind of want to see what happens next.

If I’m channel surfing & find Chopped I watch. Violet scented mustand, durian & wasabi paste don’t taste good together? What a surprise. :rolleyes:

I never thought it was a bad show, but now that you mention it, my wife says all I do when I watch is bitch about what a bad role/actress Sarah Sidle is, but I watch every episode I can.

My pet peeves with CSI:

1. The magically quick time they can process a mountain of garbage. One time, they had about 3-4 pounds of dead leaves in the gutter. One cut scene later, Greg or somebody had combed through all of it to find a cigarette butt or something.
  2. The magically quick time they can find relevant evidence on a relatively large surface, e.g. 1 hair on a sweater. It would be the equivalent of finding Waldo in 10 seconds.
  3. When they go to somebody’s house, they’re always home.
  4. Supposedly, they work the grave shift. My guess is that the grave shift is either 12am to 12pm, 6pm to 6am, or an 8 hour shift like 12am to 8am. However, the sun seems to magically shift around during an episode such that it is afternoon right after evening, and then they are in a morning court hearing right afterwards. Then they all go out for breakfast.
  5. I’m relatively certain that every episode occurs in a single shift, which includes a ton of processing, court cases, waking up judges, etc.
  6. Cleavage. Now that I know about it, I can’t avoid seeing it.

I don’t have a telly at the moment, but when I had I was absolutely addicted to America’s Next Top Model.

Cops. Campus PD. Bait Car.

One that’s not specific to a particular episode of CSI, but endemic to the whole series, is the incredible turnaround time on lab results and computer queries. DNA analysis turns around in the middle of a shift, for example. “Hey, Greg, show me a map with every location within 100 miles of Las Vegas where there’s mica in the dirt, a mean annual rainfall of between 4.3 and 5.7 inches per year, and houses with hibachis owned by people named Fred that bought a 9mm pistol between March of last year and 8:00 yesterday morning.” Tap-tap-tap. “Here you go!”

Now that I have Netflix, I’ve been watching all kinds of fun bad shows: 17/18/19 Kids and Counting, Toddlers and Tiaras, Hoarders, Emergency!, Dragnet, Adam-12…I’d watch the Brady Bunch if they had it, but alas they don’t. They make great accompaniment for video game playing–easy to follow plots where you don’t have to think much and getting distracted for several minutes at a time is no problem!

Oh, and I was thoroughy addicted to the *Swamp Thing *series on USA back in the 90s.

Hate to admit I watch:
TEEN MOM
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BH AND ATL
CHOPPED
KITCHEN NIGHTMARES
among others I can’t think of at the moment.

The Anna Nicole Smith show. What a weird dysfunctional lifestyle they had. I think Howard K Stern and Anna’s assistant were both in love with her.

“Check the database of sneaker prints against the partial we pulled from folded newspaper the intruder stepped on.”
“Already did, and I managed to calculate his weight to be 225, caucasian, medium build, smoker or past smoker, blond, and left handed. BUT HE’S NOT IN AFIS.” cue dramatic music

Checking AFIS is a complete waste of time usually, why even bother? They should just keep funding stupid databases for crap like armpit hair, tongue prints, sweat acidity, etc. that actually GETS hits.

I watch all the Real Housewives and Jersey Shore series. I can’t get enough! (OK I actually do have enough eventually…)

I keep forgetting about The Bad Girls Club but it keeps finding me. This show is worse than Real Housewives and Jersey Shore combined. No boring drama just screaming and yelling all the time. These girls are truly psychotic individuals and they’re all living together!

I was watching it last night and I had to pop in something else so I could fall asleep. If I tried to sleep right after that show, I’d have some racing nightmares.

All of the judge shows are terrible, but I love Judge. Pirro. I’ve also been known to sit through an episode of Steve Wilkos.

I need a day job.

How could I forget Oz!!??!!??!!??!!??

My GAWD, that was absolutely voyeuristic homo-erotic dreck, drama saturated ultra-violent crap and maudlin turgid social commentary excrescence.

I bought the DVD box set, and am eagerly awaiting the Bluray version.

Curling is not boring!! An entire game can come down to the last rock in the last end, the other team with shot rock and another two in the house and your skip needs to determine the exact weight needed to draw around their high guard and do a double take out and then roll his rock to sit right on the button.

Hey! You’re supposed to post in English on this board!

:smiley:

Hellcats and NCIS.

They’re both ridiculous shows, but I can’t stop watching.

Basically, I love both Abby and Ziva(though her Sabra accent is cringe-inducing) and the girls who play Marti and Alice are both incredibly hot.

I also can’t help but love Blue Mountain State.

IT’S NOT GAY! IT’S CALLED HAZING! LOOK IT UP!