Baby name debate: Colin or Collin?

Colin.

It’s spelled “Colin.” Why saddle your kid with Correction Hell?

Neither. Too trendy.

Colin. Might as well spell it correctly.

So, Slacker, do you think she’s likely to accept the results of the Google Fight?

This isn’t like Katherine and Catherine, where there are two common ways to spell the name. If you name your kid Collin, for the rest of his life, people are just going to assume that his parents are lousy spellers. One L, please.

Kolyn. Double fucked.

Cathleen. That’s how that damned name is properly pronounced anyway.

Carp’n’t’r

Doesn’t help. “Is that Greg with one G or two?” “Two, if it only had one, would it go on the beginning or the end?”

That’s just whoosed several continents’ worth of Dopers. :smiley:

One L. Two Ls looks weird.

Concerning “Rachel,” people are always sticking that extra A in somewhere. And even then, they do it wrong!. “Rachael” is a acceptable spelling, even if it’s not the one I use. “Racheal” and “Raechel” are not.

“Rachel. With one A,” I tell people a lot of the time.

Weird. Seeing my name that many times makes it look really strange suddenly.

You think it’s weird?? :smiley:

And not only am I named Colin, but my cat is named Rachel. She was named by someone else and it never occurred to me that I should spell it any differently when I took her to the vet for the first time.

I am about to have a son and Colin with one L was one of my suggested names.

Kollyn. Triple fucked.

Boy or girl?

I kid, I kid… :smiley:

Kollyne. Gang banged.

Colin Powell
Colin Mochrie

Debate closed. :slight_smile:

Qallyn. QUADfucked.

Gotta name the kid Collin. Great name, brings to mind the Collin Street Bakery, home of the “World-Famous DeLuxe Fruitcake”.

Once the kids at school find out about that, it’s lights out…

My daughter has that extra little “a” in her name and the school still spelled it wrong on her 8th grade promotion certificate. I’m afraid you can’t win, one “l” or two, you’ll be correcting people forever.