Baby Shower - Secret Santa Style

Some time ago, when evilbeth told me she was pregnant, I had this zany idea that I would throw her an online baby shower. Shortly thereafter, ** EJsGirl** announced HER pregnancy also, and I decided to throw a baby shower for the two of them. Little did I know that pregnant Dopers were going to be crawling out of the woodwork…

So, I decided to throw a baby shower for the lot of you prolific Dopers. I figured I would get Christmas out of the way, and then get moving on this.

Alas, things got in the way. First of all, Emma Kate decided that she had had enough hanging around and she wanted to be born NOW…a tad bit early. And then the board went down. Well, enough with the excuses, I am just doing this later than I intended.

I am going to have a baby shower for all the Dopers who increased our numbers in the past year. Or so. Here is the deal. I am going to do this like the Secret Santa thing.

First of all, I would like all the Dopers who have had babys in the past year to email me. Also the Dopers who are pregnant now. (This includes the men who are going to be, or are recently new fathers.)I would like you to email me with your baby’s size and gender, or your baby’s due date and gender if you know it. This whole thing is going to work only if you trust me with your address, too. I promise not to give it to any perverts. :slight_smile:

If you would like to participate by gifting one of our moms or dads, please post here and email me at Scotticher@aol.com. I will let each gifter know the size, gender and preferences of the giftee, and addresses and so forth.

Another thing is that I know there are some people who have had babys or are pregnant that may have touched your hearts for some reason. There are people who we feel drawn to but don’t know well enough to actually send them a gift in the normal course of things. I would be very happy to send on individual gifts to those people, but please don’t post to this thread…this thread should only be used for the Secret Doper Baby Shower project. If you want to send me gifts to be forwarded on, I will be happy to do so. Just email me, and we will arrange the best way to facilitate getting your gift to the person you want to get it to.

Well, I hope this isn’t going to flop badly…I just want to make it possible to honor our recent and expectant parents…this is a loving community, and I just think a baby shower is a good way to show that we care.

And BTW, I want to hear from Dopers who don’t live in the USA, too. This is a global community, and I am sure that there will be people from your neck of the woods who will want to be your Secret Baby Shower Fairy too.

Much Love,

Cheri

While I (and Miss Emma Kate) have received more than enough from the wonderful, generous people on this board, I would love to participate in the gifting of others. I’m sending you an e-mail now.

Hmm, well, let’s see ---- Girl, age almost 17, looks very good in blue.

And I have an eight-year-old son too. Likes baseball and Gameboy[sup]TM[/sup].

No good, huh? Not quite the “babies” you were looking for?

Scotti, you are a lovely, sweet soul for wanting to do this. I bet your email becomes full to overflowing in no time.

{{{{{{Cheri}}}}}}

Thanks for organizing this, Scotti!!!

I just sent my e-mail. This is gonna be a lot of fun!

Robin, who really likes looking at baby stuff :slight_smile:

Just thought this deserved a bump.

This may be my only baby shower, as my family lives everywhere but here and all my friends have moved in our 10 month hiatus in TX. Sign me up.

I’ve sent you the email, Scotti. I can find some lovely lady to go buy baby stuff.

Jim

OOh, me, Scotti! I love buying baby stuff for other people!!!

Scotti, your email address on your profile here is hidden. :wink:

You know I just had a little boy, don’t you? I thought surely that I’d told you about that. He is 13 weeks old now. He was also early, with a few hurdles to overcome, but nothing like what Beth and Emma had to go thru. I’m just happy to have him home, healthy and safe.

:smiley:

My thanks to everyone who has responded so far, and I hope to hear from more of you!

aenea, I knew you were pregnant, but didn’t know that your little one had already arrived. Congratulations! You will have mail shortly.

I thought I would give this until the end of March so anyone who might be interested would have a chance to see the thread. So if you want to participate, please let me know by April 1st.

The email address is Scotticher@aol.com

This needs another bump.

Jim

Bumpity Bump Bump! :smiley:

What a marvelous idea, Scotti dear. You know you can count on me. In fact, I already have some things here ready. :slight_smile:

I didn’t realize you’d already had your baby, aenea. Many congrats to you. I’m glad he’s doing well now.

why thank you Purple!

We have pictures up, if anyone cares to take a peek. :wink:

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aenea

You’re very welcome, aenea. And he is quite the looker! So much hair! What a precious blessing babies are.

aenea…thanks for the link! What an absolutely DARLING baby!

And thanks to my darling Euty for changing this thread title to be a bit more clear as to what I am trying to do here. As always, I appreciate you very much.

Weekday bump…

Giving this another bump. Want to make sure that all the babies that need a shower get one. Don’t want any sweaty, smelly babies around.

Jim

I’m so glad I finally opened this.

I still think the thread title isn’t clear enough. I hadn’t opened this because I thought it was a baby shower for a Doper who went by the handle “Secret Doper.” Since I didn’t know her, but rather know other pregnant Dopers/new parents, I figured it wasn’t of interest to me.

So now of course I am interested, and I’ve sent an email.

It might be better to say “Mass Baby Shower!” or somesuch.

Can I be called “A Secret Stork?” :slight_smile:

I’m so glad I finally opened this.

I still think the thread title isn’t clear enough. I hadn’t opened this because I thought it was a baby shower for a Doper who went by the handle “Secret Doper.” Since I didn’t know her, but rather know other pregnant Dopers/new parents, I figured it wasn’t of interest to me.

So now of course I am interested, and I’ve sent an email.

It might be better to say “Mass Baby Shower!” or somesuch.

Can I be called “A Secret Stork?” :slight_smile:

Well, you are probably right honey…I got your email and will be in touch soon…but if I keep bugging Euty to change the thread title, he is going to quit speaking to me ever again. Can’t have THAT now, can we? :slight_smile:

[sub]Scotti calling Veb, Veb dear, can you hear me?[/sub]