Background for playing poker online

Poker sites (such as pokerstars.net), provide a playing window of about 11.5" wide by 9" high. This window is superimposed over whatever happens to be on the screen at that moment.

I’d like to change my montor screen to a nice pleasant solid color to serve as background. Screensavers don’t do the trick

Is there an easy way to do this?

I have Win XP.

Do you ever play with the Control Panel called Display? You can set it to background “None”. In Win 2000, that’s a solid blue color.

Do you know how to change your desktop?

I went to Control Panel’s Display and found there is no ‘none’ category there (in XP, that is).

But under Desktop I found “Energy Blue” clicked on that, and it ain’t bad! I still have the icons but there’s a lot of blue sky for background. Thank you, bordelond!

It isn’t a solid color, though, so if you have any other suggestions, I’d appreciate them.

But again, thank you very much for the tip.

I’m using that theme now.

You don’t have a ‘None’ option? Bizarre. Every XP machine I’ve ever seen does. Right-click on the desktop, choose ‘Properties’. Then tab to ‘Desktop’. Scroll the background listbox to the top, and the first option should be ‘none’.

You’re right. I missed it the first time around.

I now have a rich blue background for my poker playing.

Thanks a lot, Sam.

You should be able to adjust this color through the same panel.

Yes. I found I could choose from a rich assortment of colors. Blue seems to work well, but I’m sure I’ll try others.

Are there other adjustments?