Backstreet Boys -vs- 98 Degrees -vs- 'N Sync

While recently at a record store, trying to look in the new releases I overheard a bunch of young kids discussing the best groups.

After eavesdropping they came up with

'N Synch had best song materical
Backstreet Boys are the best singer
98 Degrees are best looking

I listened to some of the songs on the listening station, they all sound the same to me. Though the kids from 'N synch are the worst looking.

They are not meant for us to understand.

Let it go… Lord knows, THEY will in a few years…

Yer pal,
Satan

And here I thought the OP would be:

“If you only had one bullet…”

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Then it would have been under great debates.

Try living in Orlando, where every single one of these groups hail from. you think radio sucks in your neck of the woods…

It’s not bragging if you can do it - Satchel Paige

And now entering the ring for a closed cage death match…

Oooo Cat Fight

OK so what is your answer?

I’m fortunate. With no kids, I only rarely have to hear any of these guys. Now if I could just get my local bar to throw out the Kid Rock CD…

I’m doubly fortunate. I’m blessed with lots of bullets. :wink:

I’m triply fortunate. I’d never actually shoot any of them, but I can pretend to here on the board.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

re: if you only had one bullet.

Id shoot myself so I didnt have to listen to any of them.

My solution…a desert island nuclear test site. Drop them all of on the island and watch them all go BOOM!
–Donj

Ok…I’m going to say it…I LIKE THOSE GROUPS! (whew! what a relief to get it off my chest!). Ok, before anyone says anything, let me elaborate.

I don’t know one from the other. I don’t know their names, or what they look like. But they do sing the kind of songs I like. I like cheesy ballads. When I was in the age group that listens to them, I had my idols, too. They are singing love songs,the girls imagine them singing to them and they are nice songs. Not all this “I’m gonna take my ho, we’re going to my crib, we’re gonna do the nasty.”, blahblahblah. (ok, I’m exaggerating). If young girls are going to fantasize, it’s great that they are fantasizing about songs that are mostly love songs.

P.S I know some aren’t appropriate for their age group (“I’ll make love to you” is one that comes to mind). I have a friend in her 30s that loves the Back Street Boys. She has all their records, knows all about each member and all that. I’m not like that. I just like to hear them sing once in a while.

I’m going to get it now, aren’t I? :slight_smile:

MaryAnn
Sometimes life is so great you just gotta muss up your hair and quack like a duck!

Makes sign of cross at Mary

Back BACK you spawn of …umm well…Satan is here so…Spawn of…Kathie Lee Gifford! Back you Cody in disguise! I will sic Reg on you!

On the topic I was thinking it would be interesting ways to make them die. My vote: Giving them grape nuts enemas and strapping a pail full of gerbils to their bums. Watch them hit the high notes!

“If you only had one bullet…”

I’ll have to end my misery.
i.e. myself

MaryAnnQ you were courageous enough to admit you like them, so I’ll back you up.

I’m thirty years old and enjoy some of these groups’ music. I enjoy looking at the cute guys bods in various videos. own no albums by any of them and never will.

The Back Street Boys… the dark-haired, blue-eyed guy is so cute, they dance entertainingly and some of their songs are all right.

98 Degrees… same as above.

N’Synch… Dancing looks okay, guys are not cute at all and I don’t know any of their songs. Plus, they were all on the Mickey Mouse club with Britney (HATE THAT SPELLING) Spears and Cristina Aquilera. YUCK!

:::whew:::

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?

Most common question I ask: “What?”
Most common question I get: “Are you really hearing impaired?”

I can’t stand any of them, but it doesn’t matter, since they’re all going to be trivia questions within two years, anyway.

My husband has threatened to leave me in an alley full of starving weasels since he discovered my secret love for the song:
“I Want It That Way” by the Backstreet Boys. Oh, the shame…

I’m very lucky. The only time I was ever up shit creek, I just happened to have a paddle with me.
–George Carlin

I actually like the Backstreet Boys, and in case you haven’t caught my other posts, I am not the kind of person to follow a group if I don’t want to. (Did that make any sense? You know what I mean, I hope.)

Anyway, I couldn’t tell you their names or anything like that, but I like their songs and I like that they are easy to memorize, because I hate getting a song stuck in my head and only knowing two lines. Then you’re singing those two lines over and over in your head all day. Agh!

BTW, this is kinda off the subject, what would be the most annoying song to get stuck in your head?

White Wolf

“Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.”

“Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.”