Bad, bad, bad Caught a break! Yeah? Well

Imma go on record here and say, its not my first go 'round.
Done it before. In way more embarrassing ways.
(Don’t you say it)

Sunday, past. We grilled. Me and the kids are out on the picnic table in the nice spring weather. No matter bugs, wind, dogs and cats begging. We persevered.

I had my stuff, the kids stuff and my cup. Of course I was barefoot.
I’m going in the door from the deck and dogs under my feet. One Chihuahua decided to win the race and to keep from squashing him I hyperextended my foot and came down hard as he skittered away acting like I had murdered him.
As I’m prone to do, I uttered a quiet curse word.
I knew on the next step in I had done a bad thing.
I kept it on the down low til the festivities died down.
Ivy asked what’s the problem. I told her. She said we’ll see.
Next morning. Swollen. Small bruise on my heel and under my ankle bone.
Achilles. My calf hurt.

I was walking. Did dialysis. Limped around. Swelling and pain was not bad. Couldn’t really do my walking exercise.
The inclines I have to walk hurt too much. But I was up and about normally. Well, I tend to be a lazy ass. But Ivy keeps me moving.
Wednesday came. Did dialysis. No more difficulty moving. The dialysis nurse told on me. The dialysis Doctor came thru and looked. He thought Achilles tendon too. And said stretch carefully and be gentle walking. And wear shoes, “I mean it!”

Woke up this morning. (Thurs) The side of my foot was obviously deflicted. Large bump. Made my foot half again as wide as normal.
And the arch, on the bottom was puffed out.

Nope, ain’t walking on that. Can’t quite live this way.
So I hopped around. Got dressed, ate, got to the car and went to the doctor. The clinic has walk-in til 9 am. We got there at 9:15.
But they shuffled me in, somehow.

Doc took one look and said “X-ray”.
X-rays taken. He popped them on the screen and said, “broken”.
Called the Ortho-clinic. Tomorrow at 10:45.

Well, crap.

Go to get pain meds. No short-acting insulin to be had yet,
This is getting scary.

I did get Tacos to eat for lunch.
:hugs:

I envy you your tacos.:taco::taco:
I would’ve stepped on the dog.

He might’ve been the Taco Bell Chihuahua.
:thinking:

You’re on a roll!.

What the Beck? Ok, first of all, landing on the chihuahua would have been better–natural consquences, it’s called. Teach that little yapper a lesson. You wouldn’t have smooshed him. You’re a lightweight.

Second, do not cuss quietly! Cussing loses all its tension- and pain-relieving power if it’s muttered. Worried about the grands? Swear in Italian. Porca puttana is used like “Dammit to hell!” or “Holy sh_t!” I think the literal translation is “slut whore.” Even if the kids remember it, the odds are nobody else will know what they’re saying.

I hope your break heals quickly!

Well, I talk quietly, but I carry a big stick.

(Not really)

If you did, you could’a’ shooed away the chihuahua with it. Actually, that’s a thought – use it for that, and as a support for when your foot gets hobbled like this.

Or Latin. No one would figure that out.

I know a few Japanese curses.

(Kuso jiji…I know it means shitty man, but I like the emphasis it conjures)

My father cussed in Spanish some times. Mom and I picked it up from him.

On a trip to Mexico City, mom said “Shingala cavaron” Dad nearly had a heart attack.

Note that this isn’t how the actual words are pronounced, but it’s how mom and I pronounced them

Foot problems suck. I’ve had my share. I’m always a bit surprised when I’ve been dealing with foot pain and one day my gf points out that I’m walking normally. Oh wow, it doesn’t hurt!!

On the way to see Ortho doc.

Feels better. Yeah. I swear it does.
:zipper_mouth_face:

If I were nearby, I’d sign your cast!

~VOW

“Amen!!” to the latter, and “me too” to the former. My attitude towards animals is, “If I step on you once, you’ll get the message. If not, you’ll be in pain a lot.”

Sorry you’re hurt, hon! :heart:

I will say that a broken foot is better than a torn achilles, which takes a year and a lot of painful rehab.

Sending healing thoughts your way.
Once, my dad stopped cause there was a bird in the road. I went forward and decided to use the seat belt after that. I was thinking, a bird?

If you never walk around your dog, instead just plough into him a few times, they’ll quickly learn to stay out of your way.

You’ll never have to step around, or worry about stepping on, your dog again.

I sprained my ankle and couldn’t work for a week once from tripping over my dog. Someone taught me this, and I employed it with every dog I’ve had since and it absolutely works.

Have had three dogs since, never was close to tripping over, stepping on or ever had to walk around one since.

These Chihuahuas are remarkably dumb!

Hah! My son has two dogs. A pit bull and a chihuahua. They are his two favorite breeds and they get along splendidly. He insists the chihuahua is the smarter of the two.

Hope the visit goes well. Are you saying that the foot is feeling better because it doesn’t want to go to the doctor? I can believe that.

I had something like that happen once, over in-joint knee injections. Nasty things. I mentioned it to the doctor and he said it happened a lot. Day of the appointment - no pain.

Wishing you no pain without doctor visits.