bad mood lifters

What’s the best way to lift a bad mood? For no apparent reason, I’m in the mindset right now of “everybody can just go to hell.” This is unlike me, but I don’t know how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Maybe you should go hang out with some good friends. That always does the trick for me. Or you can drink some “mood mender” herbal tea. Whatever you do don’t sit around and get more depressed by being alone. Hope all goes well and cheer up :).

Exercise. Nap.

I don’t think there is a way to get out of that mood. I get it occasionally and the only thing to do is get on the SDMB and pass time before the days over!

Go somewhere. Dont mope around the same area. Go for a walk. Doing whimsical (VERY SCARY) things will get you out of any bad mood.

I always imbibe large quantities of caffeine. That usually does the trick.

I like to get it on. That cures any bad mood. :slight_smile:

There is but one cure: Exercise. Though for me the cure can sometimes be more painful than the condition!

It depends on the reason for your bad mood. If your putting off something important then any action other than doing something productive in that arena will be merely a palliative. If it’s just residual anxiety then exercise, socialize, take a hot bath, watch a funny show, masturbate, or play Grand Theft Auto 3. I can do the last two at the same time.

Since this will be a matter of opinion, I’ll move this thread to IMHO.

Mood lifters. Are they something like potholders?

If I’m in a bad mood, I either take a nice long bath (music, candles, the works) or play with my cats. Just looking at my cats puts me in a better mood. They are so cute and funny, it is impossible for me to be grumpy when I’m with them.

[Charlie Sheen]
Drugs.
[/Charlie Sheen]

The Simpsons. Complete Season 1 & 2 DVD sets. Whoo-hoo!

One time, all it took was hearing Day Tripper on the radio. Usually chocolate helps a little.

Ahhh, yes. Chocolate works for me.

Sometimes meditation (positive thoughts) helps, too.

I usually listen to music. I’ve got a Glenn Miller CD that does wonders on a bad mood. If that doesn’t work I’ll go to the gym and workout until the bad mood improves.

I never found exercise all that useful. Usually it would just make me feel pissed off and tense, even after extensive stretching (and I’m extremely flexible for a guy). Adrenaline and relaxation do not go hand in hand for me.

I find that going for a long walk or drive helps. Just pick a direction and get absolutely lost for a few hours. Come back when you no longer feel so bad about life. Always works for me.

Watch a funny movie! Young Frankenstein comes to mind.

kickboxing (not beating the crap out of someone, but a good match, or even losing) nothing like the peace that comes from engaging in honest combat.

a wiener dog puppy that insists on licking my face as soon as I get home, even though I left him alone all day, that pretty much takes any care I have and puts it in perspective

Music.

I start with something that matches my mood and go from there. Usually, something hard and violent like Metallica wends musically, over the course of four or more albums, to a more pleasant Duke Ellington or some such.

Don’t forget to sing along.